Make a donation

Author Topic: Wonderful!!  (Read 3840 times)

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
Wonderful!!
« on: November 28, 2012, 12:45:43 pm »

Walked out to this little mess this morning.
Someone with what looks like a tow bar has kindly driven straight into my stationary parked car and just driven off either yesterday during the day or overnight.
This is the 4th time in a year my car has been hit, despite parking in various places on my street. 
Absolutely raging.
The grill is cracked around the badge and below the number plate also.
Thank you very much.

Sourced the parts from euro wagens for £71.99 all in so whilst that is decent it isnt the point.
Britain is broken.

Offline Jonny

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 14
  • G7R Owner
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,45008.0.html
Re: Wonderful!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 12:48:27 pm »
Arseholes!  :fighting: :fighting:

I can't see how they snapped the black grille at the top though, unless it was the pressure of being hit?

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 12:48:36 pm »
 :fighting: :fighting:
sorry to hear that man
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 01:00:50 pm »
Arseholes!  :fighting: :fighting:

I can't see how they snapped the black grille at the top though, unless it was the pressure of being hit?

assume it was the pressure generated by the force at which the car was struck, you can just about the see the crack on the top right of the badge casing.

I was taking the car to the garage today to get an anti lift kit anyway so they will check behind the grill for me.

Fingers crossed everything is intact.

Some people genuinely need a slap.

Offline PND

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 62
  • "Every great journey starts with a single step.."
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:10 pm »
Too many people out there with no respect for anyone or anything.  Hope you get it sorted.

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 01:56:19 pm »
 :chicken: Puzzled as to how anyone A. Manages this. B. Can walk (or attempt) to drive away withought a care in the world.  :mad:

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 02:10:09 pm »
MoFos! Grrr.  The numberplate wouldn't be too bad (although frustrating) but the grill too  :fighting:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:22:27 pm »
MoFos! Grrr.  The numberplate wouldn't be too bad (although frustrating) but the grill too  :fighting:

Part of the problem is extortionate insurance prices. It doesn't at all make it right, and I hope whoever is responsible gets their comeuppance but you can understand why someone would want to avoid hiking their insurance prices.
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:40:43 pm »

Part of the problem is extortionate insurance prices. It doesn't at all make it right, and I hope whoever is responsible gets their comeuppance but you can understand why someone would want to avoid hiking their insurance prices.

....Sorry but I can't agree with you about that - I don't think insurance costs to either party justify that kind of behaviour. This could have been sorted out without any referring to insurers at all.

I'm angry with drivers (so called!) who park by touching other cars in the first place - I see it going on all the time: People who keep reversing until they have contact. They ignorantly think that all cars have bumpers which are elastic.

I'm often tempted to fit my front tow-eye when parked - That'll sort them out!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:06 pm »
we can't know for certain that the person responsible could have reasonably been expected to know how much it would have cost to repair - to them they may have felt that an insurance claim was likely. again, it's no excuse but the insurance companies do not help us with their ridiculous charges. legally you're still meant to tell them if you've had an accident, even if you don't make a claim.

like i said, it doesn't at all justify the other person's actions and hopefully they'll get their karma, and if i were in the OP's shoes i too would have been furious.   
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline 81lly

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:43 pm »
Cnuts :fighting: hope you get it sorted

scottm72

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 05:24:10 pm »
idiots, your 4th time in a year - feel for you dude, I mean wtf can you do to stop it,,, makes it very hard to justify spending any money on your car when you are thinking in the back of your mind that its gonna get hit again soon.
I had this where I used to live and couldn't find a way round it
go out at night and put a big bloody rock next to where you can squeeze your car in and just deny any knowledge as to how it got there, make it tight so nobody will try to park in that space but knowing you can get in there
of course you can only do that if not on main road but just a thought
around my daughters school a lady got pi**ed off with everyone parking across her back gate which leads out to the school, public road it is but what she done was put 2 huge plant pots about the length of a car in that space and now nobody parks there, classic
chin up buddy
 :happy2:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 05:25:54 pm by scottm72 »

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 05:55:40 pm »
If this is happening on your street then it must be a neighbour that would  know where you live, they could of at least had the decency to tell you it was them.

I went into the back of a car a few years ago at less than 5mph in traffic  and caused a small scratch on its rear bumper.

I asked them to get a quote from a bodyshop and phone me to tell me what the price would be as if it wasn't too bad of a price I would of paid the bill to save going through insurance and us both having higher premiums due to making a claim

When I was looking at the damage I noticed that the tailgate and bumper was already coverd in scratches and dents (which were going rusty) and stated that I did not cause that damage and she agreed and told me and my dreind that she had reversed Into a wall and she would call me as soon as she got a quote, I was expecting a bill for a couple hundred as there was no damage just a scratch

About a month later she sent me a bill from the bodyshop for a new bumper, tailgate and rear lights with painting and blending in rear wings, this was almost £1400 and the work had already been done

I sent a letter back with a cheque for £200 stating that she agreed that the previous damage was not caused by me and I have pictures of the damage, she could either get in contact with her insurance and start a claim process or accept the cheque for the damage I have caused

scottm72

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 06:13:10 pm »
that always happens when you try and be truthful
crooks

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »

I went into the back of a car a few years ago at less than 5mph in traffic  and caused a small scratch on its rear bumper.

I asked them to get a quote from a bodyshop and phone me to tell me what the price would be as if it wasn't too bad of a price I would of paid the bill to save going through insurance and us both having higher premiums due to making a claim

When I was looking at the damage I noticed that the tailgate and bumper was already coverd in scratches and dents (which were going rusty) and stated that I did not cause that damage and she agreed and told me and my dreind that she had reversed Into a wall and she would call me as soon as she got a quote, I was expecting a bill for a couple hundred as there was no damage just a scratch

About a month later she sent me a bill from the bodyshop for a new bumper, tailgate and rear lights with painting and blending in rear wings, this was almost £1400 and the work had already been done

I sent a letter back with a cheque for £200 stating that she agreed that the previous damage was not caused by me and I have pictures of the damage, she could either get in contact with her insurance and start a claim process or accept the cheque for the damage I have caused

....What was the final outcome?  :smiley: - She accepted your £200 payment and no more was heard?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!