Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Wind Deflectors for GTI !!!  (Read 12390 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Best Wind Deflectors for GTI !!!
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:54 pm »
Hey up guys,

Can someone point me in the right direction for some tinted wind deflectors for a MK5 GTI  5 Doors.

Link to any shop or eBay would be great. I have had a look but dont want to buy a sh*t pair. Any recommendations, maybe these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HEKO-SMOKED-WIND-RAIN-DEFLECTORS-VW-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK5-5D-FRONT-REAR-SET-/170918728643?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cb8cd3c3

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-MK5-inc-R32-5D-HEKO-WIND-DEFLECTORS-FRONT-REAR-SET-UK-STOCK-/160892162974?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2575eb939e

Thanks
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Re: Best Wind Deflectors for GTI !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 03:04:30 pm »
Team Heko are top quality. Fitted to my s3 last month, really like them. Cheers, Stevie.  :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 03:07:29 pm »
Team Heko are top quality. Fitted to my s3 last month, really like them. Cheers, Stevie.  :happy2:

Anyone trader sell them cheap on here? Or is it £37 from FleeBay
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 03:08:28 pm »
I prefer the look of the ClimAir because they are less chunky and square than the Heko. The ClimAir are not flimsy and are a very good build quality. Their tint is perfect too.

Review thread:  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6157.0.html

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

AA

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 03:11:26 pm »
Team Heko are good quality  Sticky tape fitted to deflectors needs replacing with full length poieces before installing and keep windows closed for a few days so they sit/fit nice and snug :happy2:

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:20:28 pm »
Yeah, i think both makes are perfect. I personally run Team Heko  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »
To be fair, I haven't seen the Heko in the flesh yet but much prefer the ClimAir based on comparing photos of the Heko.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:50:02 pm »
It's only happened 3 or 4 times but I agree 100% with Robin on this one!  :signLOL:

Slightly biased tho as I have the Climair's fitted from the group buy a while back  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 04:32:32 pm »
I prefer the look of the ClimAir because they are less chunky and square than the Heko. The ClimAir are not flimsy and are a very good build quality. Their tint is perfect too.

Review thread:  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6157.0.html

Bit of a Difference in price tho.....£80 for the full set, thats more than double  :scared:

Know anywhere cheap?

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 04:52:59 pm »

Review thread:  http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,6157.0.html

Bit of a Difference in price tho.....£80 for the full set, thats more than double  :scared:

Know anywhere cheap?

....I bought them on this forum's Group Buy. Perhaps the price reflects the quality.

"It costs a lot of money to look this cheap" - Dolly Parton

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:31:40 pm »
ClimAir for me!  :happy2:

They cost more and IMHO they are better quality and have a slightly better looking shape to them. I've had 2 different sets, the ones you've put a link to (Heko) and the ClimAir ones. I bought the Climair ones before the group buy and paid £45 ish for my 3dr but worth every penny.

As mentioned the tint is a perfect match as well.

I have a discount card (somewhere) which I received after buying my Climair ones, I'll dig it out and pop it in the post to you if you want. Let me know via PM if you want it. Pretty sure it's at least 10-20% off.

On my Eddy....

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 07:05:22 pm »
Just fitted some Team Heko wind deflectors to myMK6 GTi and at £32 delivered from fleabay they look great and work a treat, recommended  :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »
ClimAir for me!  :happy2:

They cost more and IMHO they are better quality and have a slightly better looking shape to them. I've had 2 different sets, the ones you've put a link to (Heko) and the ClimAir ones. I bought the Climair ones before the group buy and paid £45 ish for my 3dr but worth every penny.

As mentioned the tint is a perfect match as well.

I have a discount card (somewhere) which I received after buying my Climair ones, I'll dig it out and pop it in the post to you if you want. Let me know via PM if you want it. Pretty sure it's at least 10-20% off.

On my Eddy....

Yeah thats the problem, ive got a five door, so i think i would go for Clim Air if i had a 3 door, but £80+ for WD's....might just get HEKO and hope i dont regret it  :mad:

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2012, 07:34:25 pm »
^^^^ there was nothing wrong with the Heko ones I had, you won't be disappointed at all, when I bought mine I was more than happy, then after seeing the ClimAir ones on a friends car I thought they looked better so bought some.

If price is a consideration for you then its hard to justify double the price for something that is (within reason) the same.

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Bryan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:07 pm »
I have Heko on my golf and have used them on 3 previous cars, seem good enough quality and fit to me.
Now I have seen those climair ones they do look sleeker.

B
Forge Twintake. BCSautomotive turbo back exhaust with sports cat. Stage 2 remap. R32 rear lights and bumper. Team heko wind deflectors. mtec bulbs. Ed30 bbs wheels.  Eibach springs. Goodyear Eagle F1 asy2s. NQSBBK(330mm)