Make a donation

Author Topic: Scottish Gas complaint letter!!  (Read 835 times)

Offline s3dubbin

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
Scottish Gas complaint letter!!
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:05:00 pm »
Our boiler stopped working on Saturday evening (24th Nov) and we contacted the Scottish Gas helpline who were very helpful and scheduled in an engineer to come out on Tuesday which we were grateful for.

A Jim Auld arrived and immediately told me without looking or testing the boiler that it would cost £199 as he wouldn't be able to fix anything within 30mins. 0-30mins = £79. 

After finishing his costings pitch I informed him that the fan was not turning to which he agreed would be the problem. 

Mr Auld then went through to our porch to look for the isolating switch and trod muddy foot prints through the house.  After I pointed this out he went out to the van for his boot covers. 

After several visits to the van for the tools needed, ladders, then the boot covers and a number of trips through to the porch and mindful of the time I questioned him on his progress to which I received an aggressive response.  His overall attitude was horrendous saying that he didn't care if he fixed the boiler or not.

The full visit was completed within 22mins and he came back today to fit the fan and the boiler is now up and running again.

I feel that although the work has been done that attitude of Mr Auld has left me speechless.  To come into my home and be so unprofessional, rude and blatantly trying to stall to cost me the customer more is unacceptable.

Regards

Steven Robson

If a Jim Auld arrives at your home to work on your boiler send him packing!!!!