Make a donation

Author Topic: ESP & ABS Light *** All Fixed ***  (Read 4431 times)

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 5
ESP & ABS Light *** All Fixed ***
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:40 pm »
Hi all

i changed my springs a couple of weeks ago, and the abs and esp light came on the dash so i had it put on the computer and it indicated there was an electrical problem with wheel speed sensor. i changed the sensor today and put it back on the computer and cleared the codes but the lights are still lit up :confused:

I then disconnected the battery and now the steering wheel light is also on the dash!!

has any1 suffered this and managed to sort it??
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:56:02 am by youngy1989 »

Offline geordie56

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
    • Email
Re: ESP & ABS Light
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:10:16 pm »
Sounds like it could be a steering angle sensor but that would have come up with a vcds scan. Failing that it may be the dreaded abs pump itself.

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 09:53:06 am »
Have you driven the car since you disconnected the battery? My steering light came on after I disconnected the battery but went back off after a few yards...
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 11:18:59 am »
Sounds like it could be a steering angle sensor but that would have come up with a vcds scan. Failing that it may be the dreaded abs pump itself.

ive been told if its the abs pump it comes up on the computer with with a fault saying... Brake Pressure sensor 1 - G201
Electric malfunction in circuit

Have you driven the car since you disconnected the battery? My steering light came on after I disconnected the battery but went back off after a few yards...

yeah mate drove it for about an hour and half ive even done the wheel lock reset thing. its a weird 1

Offline GLIDN

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 19
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 02:31:36 am »
it sounds to me that you may have damaged the sensor cable when installing springs. Seen this happen a few times.

Does it pinpoint to only on wheel sensor by chance?
If so, I'm almost 99% sure you have a break in cable somewhere.

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 01:11:55 pm »
it sounds to me that you may have damaged the sensor cable when installing springs. Seen this happen a few times.

Does it pinpoint to only on wheel sensor by chance?
If so, I'm almost 99% sure you have a break in cable somewhere.

its says 'abs wheel speed sensor LF g47 electrical fault in circuit'.. Yeah mate ive read on a few fourms that the wire has snapped or been cut. so im going to get that checked out this weekend. hopefully it will be that and a easy fix

Offline youngy1989

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
Re: ESP & ABS Light *** All Fixed ***
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:01:55 am »
The car is all fixed now. it turned out to be the abs loom. it cost me £25 for the wire through a mate at VW and then another mate charged £25 to fit it and clear the codes.

It feels like heaven knowing that i wont have to fork out for a big bill for the dreaded abs pump.  :jumpmove: