Make a donation

Author Topic: boot lid rattling  (Read 11709 times)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
Re: boot lid rattling
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2012, 01:35:37 pm »
If anyone is trying to get the struts.

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Boot_Strut_%28Hatchback_Fabia_00%3E07%29_6Y0827550C

:)  Good price!

10 quid delivery though the robbing ***&%£$!s!

Shame about the delivery, price is v.good; are they brand new?
I paid £15 delivered for 2nd hand.  So £25 isn't excessive really - shame they don't do the others part then it would be a win, win.

I'm grabbing the other bits off that guy ebay, seems friendly, cheers everyone.  :happy2:

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2012, 03:47:02 pm »

http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Boot_Strut_%28Hatchback_Fabia_00%3E07%29_6Y0827550C

I paid £15 delivered for 2nd hand.  So £25 isn't excessive really - shame they don't do the others part then it would be a win, win.

I'm grabbing the other bits off that guy ebay, seems friendly, cheers everyone.  :happy2:

Yeah they're brand new.  Worked out at 39 quid for them delivered.  I initially posted before I knew of the delivery charge then edited once I'd gone through to the checkout  :laugh:  They've been dispatched today though and I'm getting the other parts on Tuesday.

Looks like there's going to be a few more golfs driving about with fancy boot openings!
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:34 pm »
lol, yeah, haha... hope it works on in the cold weather, some peeps say other wise... we'll see.

Seems that ebay guy does the struts too, not sure how much though probably close to that on the first page.

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 04:36:07 pm »

Yeah they're brand new.  Worked out at 39 quid for them delivered.  I initially posted before I knew of the delivery charge then edited once I'd gone through to the checkout  :laugh:  They've been dispatched today though and I'm getting the other parts on Tuesday.

Looks like there's going to be a few more golfs driving about with fancy boot openings!

Yes it has been added to my mod to do list :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53:39 pm »
I've contacted a couple of peeps through eBay and even tried my local VW main dealer about a discount for a GB and "NO" was the answer so I may get some sets made up (consisting of the 3 parts needed) and sell them through the "For Sale" section as there seems like there may be more interest.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 07:13:20 pm »
I've contacted a couple of peeps through eBay and even tried my local VW main dealer about a discount for a GB and "NO" was the answer so I may get some sets made up (consisting of the 3 parts needed) and sell them through the "For Sale" section as there seems like there may be more interest.

I would be up for that. Let me know if you go for it :happy2:
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 03:26:28 pm »
Did my boot pop today, easy job... only thing was my VCDS required a different change than the one specified by ECS, mine was in Byte 2 of the same Module.

Also, I had to click mine 5 tabs out for it to pop properly.. which requires more of a thunk to close, but still OK... perhaps the cold weather has something to do with it?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 03:40:09 pm »
^^^^ 5 is a few too many and probably too much pressure on the lock. You'll find it won't open as much at the moment due to the cold temps but 2 or 3 stops should be more than enough to allow the boot to pop.

:happy2:

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 03:55:20 pm »
^^^^ 5 is a few too many and probably too much pressure on the lock. You'll find it won't open as much at the moment due to the cold temps but 2 or 3 stops should be more than enough to allow the boot to pop.

Cheers, yeah it's very intermitment... are there better bump stops we can get?

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 04:42:18 pm »

Not that I'm aware of. The new Scirocco Bump Stops you have will be fine. The springs inside those Pump Stops (which you don't get in Golf OEM ones) and the pressure of the struts is more than enough to lift the boot lid.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 04:51:07 pm »

Not that I'm aware of. The new Scirocco Bump Stops you have will be fine. The springs inside those Pump Stops (which you don't get in Golf OEM ones) and the pressure of the struts is more than enough to lift the boot lid.

Except it doesn't every time, because err its cold... that's no excuse! lol  I want it to work everytime. :happy2:

Now what's VAG and got a big boot?  Audi Q7 bump stops?

Offline skard

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 245
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,62636
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 05:14:45 pm »
It'll be the gas in the struts to blame in the cold, rather than bumpstops.

You could get higher compression ones custom made but ut's going to be even harder to close the tailgate.
Used to have Edition 30 - number 009 and a GT TDI 140.
Now have an S4 B8 Avant (stage 2)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 05:17:54 pm »
It'll be the gas in the struts to blame in the cold, rather than bumpstops.

You could get higher compression ones custom made but ut's going to be even harder to close the tailgate.

Interesting, cheers...

I wonder why the skoda fabia gas struts are stonger than the golf ones?  i guess the scrirocco struts are the same as the golf...

Offline andybon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:11 pm »
Like the boot pop mod, Next to do on my list!

Is ther any way of fitting a switch inside the car to open the boot? Seen a switch on a Golf plus with the fuel flap and the boot lid on it and wandered if it was possible to do it.
How hard can it be?

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 06:58:35 am »
using the drivers side unlock button also unlocks the boot on 2nd press i think... have mine to autolock above 10mph

tbh after doing the boot pop mod yesterday, i'd wait until the summer as it only works half the time 4 me in the cold.