Make a donation

Author Topic: New DV needed for Re-Map?  (Read 3008 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
New DV needed for Re-Map?
« on: November 29, 2012, 01:05:35 pm »
Hey up guys, just a quick question. I have used search feature and couldnt find a certain answer. I know it would be best to have the most upto date DV whether you have a re-map or not. But im thinking of getting a Stage 1 re-map next month, is it essential / advised to have revision G fitted....

Is there an easy way to find out what DV i have...and where is best place to buy...Awesome GTi or main VW dealer...

Thanks guys.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
Re: New DV needed for Re-Map?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:11:57 pm »
The only way to find out is to check it. Unless you've got an ED30 which is easy to check a normal GTI is a pain so you might as well put a new one on as a preventative measure for piece of mind.

Best place is either from the dealers or TPS unless one of the VAG indies can get them cheaper, Revision G Part number 06F 145 710 G and is £35

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:36 pm »
Hey up guys, just a quick question. I have used search feature and couldnt find a certain answer. I know it would be best to have the most upto date DV whether you have a re-map or not. But im thinking of getting a Stage 1 re-map next month, is it essential / advised to have revision G fitted....

Is there an easy way to find out what DV i have...and where is best place to buy...Awesome GTi or main VW dealer...

Thanks guys.

Just fit a new G version, I got mine from ebay :happy2:

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 03:08:59 pm »

Thanks guys.

got a link mate?  thanks
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 03:45:27 pm »
How do you get stuff from TPS I thought it was only for the trade? is it just the same price through the stealers????
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 04:17:28 pm »

Thanks guys.

got a link mate?  thanks

No, sorry I just did a search for one and a managed to get a 'G' version.

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 04:22:38 pm »

Thanks guys.

got a link mate?  thanks

Quick search: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Audi-Cut-off-Valve-06F145710G-/180987702288?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a23b52c10

Used though and to expensive!!!!

I got mine for half that price!!!!

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 09:36:50 pm »
I have the original 'C' DV - I checked it and it was perfect. I then went Stage 1 and it's still fine. I didn't see the point in wasting £35 to get a G. I'll only change it if and when it breaks.

I spent the £35 on personal hygiene products instead.
'07 Red manual

Offline PDT

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 06:38:15 pm »
If you are coming to us for the map, we keep them in stock. If you are having the precat removal we will fit the new DV FOC as well :happy2:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 07:17:24 pm »
If you are coming to us for the map, we keep them in stock. If you are having the precat removal we will fit the new DV FOC as well :happy2:

Cant say fairer than that  :notworthy:

NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 07:24:17 pm »
How do you get stuff from TPS I thought it was only for the trade? is it just the same price through the stealers????

depends on the branch. some TPSs will serve the public

tbh if you're in Staffordshire go to Stoke Audi's parts department and say you're an audi-sport member. for me it's not a lie (i'm just "inactive"), and on more than one occasion they have given me a discount which made the parts cheaper than going through TPS
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:31 pm »
I ordered a rev G from the stealers on Thursday, came to £32.37 +VAT.

Plan to get it fitted when I remap soon :happy2:

Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline blackmagic

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »
You can walk into my local Tps and there happy to deal with you. Card or cash. If you buying a few bits they normally let you have it trade price. Well I've not had a prob.

Black GTI K03 Revo Stage 2+,

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2012, 06:23:02 am »
I fitted the piston type Rev D to replace the saggy old diaphragm one that came as standard. What's the difference between Rev D & Rev G?

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2012, 08:14:01 am »
Rev G is the latest revision for the MK5 and is still a diaphragm type and is used on the mk6 gti.

The rev D is the piston type and is newer than than the G but is from another model (can't remember what ones) but still fits and works with our cars.

It all comes down to preferance and after having both I prefer the G revision