Make a donation

Author Topic: Good news! BRZ STI on the way  (Read 2212 times)

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
Re: Good news! BRZ STI on the way
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 12:02:11 am »
Fail. I was shocked when the standard Toyota and Scooby models came out with no Turbocharger... but an STi  :stupid:

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2012, 01:53:38 am »
Has anyone sat in one? (the normal one i mean!) The plastics and build quality is rubbish  :sick:

jap cars usually have crap interiors..... even lexus is not on par with beemers/merc/audis based on my experience

Paul

Ooh I'm not sure about that. My mate's dad has a Lexus IS250 and it feels way nicer inside than a BMW or Merc. Wouldn't touch a Jag or Audi tho

At the end of the day tho, can you think of a new car that costs the same money that'll be more fun?

Yep £2k more and your in an m135i. £27k for a Toyota with a max power spoiler... no thanks!

OTR price of the BMW (according to the website) is £29,995, with no extras. The max you can possibly spend on the Toyobaru is £27,795 (ignoring the auto option as it's a bit pointless on a car of it's ilk, and the stripes because they're stupid). to spec the BMW the same you're taking £33k minimum. this jumps even higher when you add on the extended warranty to match Toyota's 5 years.

even comparing the base cars at face value is £25,000 vs £29,995. i do wonder who will give the bigger discount too. my money is not on BMW.

with due respect, you can't say a car that costs 20% more costs the same. £5k difference is a lot at this end of the market.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 02:07:05 am by sub39h »
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2012, 09:36:58 am »
Even comparing the base cars at face value is £25,000 vs £29,995. i do wonder who will give the bigger discount too. my money is not on BMW.

General consensus is that 7 - 10% is achievable on the M135i, and I've read in several places that Toyota are not allowed to offer discount on the GT86.

So my money is on BMW offering the best discount, and the best finance.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2012, 09:48:13 am »

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2012, 10:23:09 am »
Even comparing the base cars at face value is £25,000 vs £29,995. i do wonder who will give the bigger discount too. my money is not on BMW.

General consensus is that 7 - 10% is achievable on the M135i, and I've read in several places that Toyota are not allowed to offer discount on the GT86.

So my money is on BMW offering the best discount, and the best finance.

10% off a like-for-like car is still over £3k more expensive. They're still not the same price, which was my ultimate point. We all know how everyone on here wants an M135i and it must be the best car ever made but within the context of the discussion it is not an appropriate alternative
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2012, 11:00:13 am »
Well not really. If you manage 10% off a base M135i (unlikely I know), it comes in at £27k. The base price of a GT86 is £25k, so it's a £2k difference. I realise the GT86 might be better equipped as standard. The point, which you seem to be missing, is that for little more you can get yourself in a car that has 316bhp and a similar emphasis on performance, a car that is in another league if reviews I've read are anything to go by.

I bet you'd be singing to a different tune if it was the S3 we were talking about :wink:

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2012, 11:04:54 am »
You've done nothing but bang on about the M135i. I'm defending a car brand that isn't Audi, and yet you're calling me a fanboy?  :stupid:

If you look at my previous posts I've often said the Mk6 is better than the 8P, so your inference isn't even accurate.

For the record, I prefer VAG to BMW because the interiors are nicer imho, and I prefer all weather drivability (be it FWD or AWD) to RWD, which is less exploitable most of the time. If I lived somewhere sunnier my opinion may be different, but i don't. I say this having owned a 3-Series coupe for 2 years before buying an Audi.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 11:09:48 am by sub39h »

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2012, 11:50:43 am »
Keep your knickers on, it was Rob who made the original reference to the M135i, and I happen to think its a valid alternative. You don't. End of story.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2012, 02:49:45 pm »
I think a 370Z would be the closest thing in terms of silhouette - 2 seats, rear drive sports coupe. Starts at £30k.

Maybe an MX5?
Sideways yo!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2012, 01:43:33 am »
Has anyone sat in one? (the normal one i mean!) The plastics and build quality is rubbish  :sick:

jap cars usually have crap interiors..... even lexus is not on par with beemers/merc/audis based on my experience

Paul

Ooh I'm not sure about that. My mate's dad has a Lexus IS250 and it feels way nicer inside than a BMW or Merc. Wouldn't touch a Jag or Audi tho

At the end of the day tho, can you think of a new car that costs the same money that'll be more fun?

I disagre. Lexus interiors are poor, cheap switchgear that look like its been borrowed from toyotas made in the 90's