Make a donation

Author Topic: iTunes 11  (Read 1395 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d5as6b329c6l3e1ue1onsq42ad&/topic,19740.0.html
iTunes 11
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »
Now available for download. Ive been waiting for this for a few months now. :happy2:

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
Re: iTunes 11
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »
Downloaded it a couple of days back. Best feature for me is the ability to stream the same output to multiple Apple TVs.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 02:51:01 pm »
^^^^
Thanx, Rich  :drinking: - It would have come up on my weekly automatic check for updates but now is better.

I said "No Thanks" to Apple sharing info on my iTunes library and sending me stuff I am quite capable of finding/getting IF I want it!

Only took ~3 minutes to download and install.... Will have a play later. I've just taken 57 photos I need to upload and sort out but I think I'll stick on some iTunes music while I do it.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=d5as6b329c6l3e1ue1onsq42ad&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2012, 02:52:15 pm »
^^^^
Thanx, Rich  :drinking: - It would have come up on my weekly automatic check for updates but now is better.

I said "No Thanks" to Apple sharing info on my iTunes library and sending me stuff I am quite capable of finding/getting IF I want it!

Only took ~3 minutes to download and install.... Will have a play later. I've just taken 57 photos I need to upload and sort out but I think I'll stick on some iTunes music while I do it.

Me too....  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 04:15:07 pm »
^^^^
Cheeky feckers aren't they!? It doesn't say much for the average American consumer that Apple think they are designing software for.

I like the new iTunes mini player  :happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »
I downloaded this earlier in the week. I can't say I am massively impressed by the "simplified" interface. I still think the software is overly complex on the whole. This new version appears to have a few AirPlay bugs too, most annoying being stopping tracks halfway through for no reason!

Offline Moz

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
Just installed tonight, much tighter, had to enable a few options I like, like status bar and notifications bar etc. Currently going to give the iTunes match a go, as i'd lie to sort that for my 802 albums I have in there!

haha

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 08:44:40 pm »
I think it's just getting used to the contextual menu next to a song to access things like creating a Genius playlist. Feels unusual, and you know what they say about unfamiliarity breeding contempt...

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 08:50:14 pm »

Cheeky feckers aren't they!? It doesn't say much for the average American consumer that Apple think they are designing software for.

I kind of know what you're saying, but some of my best finds have been recommendations through "Listeners also bought" on iTunes and "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" on Amazon. They can sometimes throw up quite unexpected and unusual recommendations that deserve investigation.

And besides, some people just don't have an avid interest in music, and services like that act as a good way of furthering and developing that interest.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 08:56:36 pm »

I kind of know what you're saying, but some of my best finds have been recommendations through "Listeners also bought" on iTunes and "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" on Amazon. They can sometimes throw up quite unexpected and unusual recommendations that deserve investigation.

And besides, some people just don't have an avid interest in music, and services like that act as a good way of furthering and developing that interest.

....Yes, you're quite right. Personally I never buy music from Amazon or iTunes etc and so have no need for that feature. Neither do I use Genius. I prefer to make my own playlists and do so in my head: As I play one song, the next one to select becomes obvious to me and on it goes if I'm on a roll.

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 10:43:39 pm »

You've just described me! I like what I like and listen to nothing else so its helpful to have a recommendation. Have bought a fair few from the Amazon recommendations in the past.

Will download 11 later.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 11:26:22 pm »
if i update to itunes 11 will it delete all the music i have in the version i have,as it took 3 days to up load all my cds in there :signLOL:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
    • MK5 Golf GTI
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 11:37:16 pm »
No it won't Andy.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 11:38:25 pm »

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:35:20 am »
I much prefer it to iTunes 10. Seems to load far faster and speeds through the albums I have much quicker too. I have over 60gb of full albums, so like the expanded view when looking at a particular album too.