Make a donation

Author Topic: Clarion sat nav  (Read 1161 times)

Offline dave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Clarion sat nav
« on: December 03, 2012, 12:05:44 pm »
Hi guys has anyone had any experience with these? http://bit.ly/UuNQx0
If so do they work with MFSW? Don't want to lose that function

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Clarion sat nav
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 01:22:19 pm »
Yep, fitted one to the wife's Santa Fe end of last year. Great unit, works a treat. I believe they have a new version out now, the 502.

Is should work with your MFSW buttons if you fit the correct adapter.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline dave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 02:37:45 pm »
Would you say it was a good choice rather than a vw one? I have a mfd3 unit just now and wanted an upgrade

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 03:03:58 pm »
You'll need a connects2 CT0002 & a Clarion adapter for the MFSW - will sort out the key live for you too! :)

Offline dave

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 03:07:54 pm »
What's the key live? Sorry I'm a bit new to this haha. Is there any other units out there for similar price?

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:50:54 pm »
Yeah, you have a couple of options in that price range. You could go with the Alpine ICS-X8 App Link Radio. The ICS-X8 will interface with the MFD too if you use the Alpine connection harness. It basically uses the apps on your phone, so you can use google maps to navigate, it also therefore uses streetmaps navigation if you want.

I fitted one last week Thursday and the chap is very happy with it. I could do you one of those for £530 delivered. You would then need the Alpine harness which is around the £ 70 to £80 mark. This will display info on the MFD and allow you to use your MFSW buttons.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 01:19:23 pm »
What's the key live? Sorry I'm a bit new to this haha. Is there any other units out there for similar price?

Because the radio is normally operated by the canbus then you have to sort out a key-live. Aftermarket radios need 2 power supplies - a constant and a switch live, if you plug an aftermarket into a golf it wont work without some cable cutting or just buy the converter and its box of tricks uses the canbus signal to switch the radio on - Simples

It use to be a total arse fitting things like this before the kit became available! i use to do it as a job!