Make a donation

Author Topic: Gti v r32  (Read 10409 times)

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
Re: Gti v r32
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2012, 12:06:52 pm »
imo for what it is worth,it would be great to turbo a r32 then you would have best of both worlds lmao,but in general does it really matter what the badge states,its how it drives,makes you feel if it puts a huge smile on your face then in my book job done,i love both of them but choose the gti for no other reason than i loved it at the time and love it even more now two years on.this debat will rage on for ever r32/gti  :drinking: :drinking:

Dougie

Offline itismebigd

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 10
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2012, 12:09:21 pm »
Red is the Fastest :P :P :P :P :P :P

Offline keano

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2012, 12:12:31 pm »
Cn I go faster rnd cornaz and twistz wiv an R32?

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »
Is red still the fastest colour?

Only on the GTI. Blue is the fastest R32 colour, which is incidentally faster than a Stage 4 TR GTI with nitrous
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2012, 12:52:23 pm »
isn't black the fastest colour? You dont see Lockheed making stealth planes with red paint on  :rolleye:

How do you know :laugh:

the russians told me
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline Sir_dave

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »
can somebody please explain why r32 would handle better then GTI/Ed30? I am not talking about grip which is undeniable. For r32 you have to shift those bigger weight around which surely is never good for handling

To be honest, if you are talking about handling in terms of the way the car feels beneath you, ie the feedback from the steering/pedals and seat, both are equally inept. As are most modern VAG cars unfortunately, their tendency to understeer on the limit (stupid engine placement) and insistence on TC/ESP that is always lurking somewhere usually kills the ultimate level of driver/car interaction that is so prevalent in French hot hatches.

I do however like that the Haldex in the R32 can be brought into play to move the rear end of the car around a little more. Yes, trail braking into a corner in the Gti will do that to a certain extent, but my understanding is that when a Haldex controller is used in the R32 the additional rear bias of the transmissions torque shuffling further aids to help quell the on-limit understeer of the car.

Neither is ever going to be as intimate as my old 182 Trophy, but i think with work the R32 should be fairly rapid, albeit more of a blunt instrument than a delicate scalpel. All MK5's need a stiffer rear ARB though, the standard harder/softer ARB setup is great for safety, but will always create understeer.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 01:04:09 pm by Sir_dave »

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2012, 01:08:23 pm »
imo for what it is worth,it would be great to turbo a r32 then you would have best of both worlds lmao,

My next door neighbour has amongst other things turbo'd his Mk4 R32 and its now pushing 550+ bhp, man that thing sounds like a Spitfire when it goes up the road.

This obviously has no bearing whatsoever on this thread. :signLOL:
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

R32UK

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2012, 01:32:49 pm »
can somebody please explain why r32 would handle better then GTI/Ed30? I am not talking about grip which is undeniable. For r32 you have to shift those bigger weight around which surely is never good for handling

Paul

It has better weight distribution for one, but ideally you should drive one to find out . Preferably with the esp OFF.

Offline Kregiel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 20
  • Supersonic
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2012, 06:57:15 pm »

Paul

It has better weight distribution for one, but ideally you should drive one to find out . Preferably with the esp OFF.

interesting.... I thought it's common consensus that AWD would always be duller to drive than FWD or RWD due to lack of feel etc

But again it's always very subjective

Paul
Red 2008 GTI, H&R ARB, b12 suspension, walk, milltek non-res full exhaust, forge IC, tarox 10 pot big brake kit, RS4 valve, Forge SSK, Autotech HPFP, Xenons, K04 Turbo, Quaife LSD, South Bend stage 3 Daily with SMF clutch, XB and UB Unibraces

scottm72

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2012, 10:00:21 pm »
Stop this now. Please.
Andrew do you see what I mean about you being rude on peoples threads, what do you mean -- stop this now -- leave the guy alone as his thread question is NOT silly, he is just asking a question, personally I clicked onto his thread as I found the title quite interesting.
please think before you pester people and comments like you made just stop new members asking questions in fear of being ridiculed

Crikey Scott, you like to live life SERIOUSLY don't you!

:signLOL:
only for you my sweetie  :evilgrin:

Offline golfather

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:20 pm »
Ive had all of them, standard and tuned.

R32 wins hands down, regardless of tuning.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12851.0.html

R32UK

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2012, 10:15:47 pm »
Ive had all of them, standard and tuned.

R32 wins hands down, regardless of tuning.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,12851.0.html

shhhh dont say that!!!! you will be laughed at  :grin: Although I agree  :P

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 10:25:29 pm »
ed30 quicker in the dry, and that was coming from a stage 2 R32 owner.

evo said the ed30/pirelli was the best mk5 all rounder.

the r32 soundtrack and traction must be good, but the heavier kerb weight, less mpg and less tuneable count against. but have not driven an r32 so maybe i would love it more than my eddie!

plus, am i only the only one that does not like the silver grille bit? really dont like it.

end of the day they are all great cars but i think of the MK5 range the Pirelli is the one to have whereras in the MK6 range it is the R not the ED35!
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

scottm72

« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 10:59:03 pm »
Mr Andrew parker although we don't get on I will put my hands up on this thread as you said at the beginning and I quote (( stop this now )) and I had a pop at you.
after reading the replies it seems to be going around in circles and I cant see an end in sight lol.
so Mr parker I will apologise to you on this occasion as you where right and I was wrong, bet that puts a smile on your face lol
until our next scrap  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 11:09:27 pm »
Mr Andrew parker although we don't get on I will put my hands up on this thread as you said at the beginning and I quote (( stop this now )) and I had a pop at you.
after reading the replies it seems to be going around in circles and I cant see an end in sight lol.
so Mr parker I will apologise to you on this occasion as you where right and I was wrong, bet that puts a smile on your face lol
until our next scrap  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

We have had about 25 of these threads so we all know the well trodden path they take. This one has still got 4 or 5 pages left yet too.  :rolleye:
"
Same goes for the DSG/ manual threads and the 'just had my GTI mapped to stage one and i have got a special one with 290 BHP".  :grin: