Make a donation

Author Topic: The cost of ed 30s  (Read 9042 times)

Offline 55golf

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: The cost of ed 30s
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 06:56:47 pm »
Don't give it to the trade is the easy answer . £7700 for an Ed30 mmm . Rather you than me :surprised:  :innocent:

nuffin wrong with it. was a trade in for a new golf r. plus its one women owner with full history. ed30 are not worth what people are asking

Offline andrewparker

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 06:58:54 pm »
To be honest with the budget you have mentioned I'd push for a Pirelli!  :happy2:

At least with a Pirelli you get exclusivity. Oh and them gorgeous wheels :drool:

R32UK

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:03 pm »
i think this one is very reasonably priced

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,55961.0.html

:signLOL:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 07:00:36 pm »
Glasses/Parkers etc are ok for Vectra/Mondeo/Micra/Focus type stuff but there are loads of them about . Easy to value , Limited Run stuff never really fits into their system. What is a couple of grand anyway when you will have what you want and a bit above what some book says you must pay . I know people who buy clothes (Designer Stuff) when its released in Summer/Autumn Ranges ie Gant/Ralph Lauren/Tommy Hilfiger etc and pay top dollar . Six months later you can get the same stuff for half the price...... Each to their own i say

Parkers are a waste of time for Edition 30's (Like garrardrj said they value them like million of them on the road Mondeos), Glass's guide gives a value of £13k (give or take £100) on a 45K well specced DSG Edition 30 "08" plate in "Clean" condition (Clean meaning average for a 4+ year old car), I think the fact that there are only 2300 of them helps the values quite a bit and only 864 of them are DSG models so you can see it's hard to find the car you want (took me 6 months).

Good luck in your search  :happy2:
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

R32UK

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »
glasses/parkers are all a fix anyway since the recession kicked in.

for those that are happy to trade in a car then the loss of a few extra £k wont really hurt. I was told my car is worth £6200 trade..... yes of course it is mate, when you have a similar model on your forecourt for £11k  :jumpmove:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:28 pm »
Got told mine was worth £9650 trade and the trader would then put it up for £13995, would probably be the easiest £3.5k he ever made  :signLOL:

I have never traded a car in (Don't see the point of losing £2.5-3K), altho I am lucky enough to have use of 2 other cars when time comes to sell mine  :happy2:

Having spoken to a friend in the car industry he told me quite clearly that used car values are increasing due to the economy as more people than previously have done are buying used cars rather than new (Supply and demand!).
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:13:20 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2012, 07:23:07 pm »

for those that are happy to trade in a car then the loss of a few extra £k wont really hurt. I was told my car is worth £6200 trade..... yes of course it is mate, when you have a similar model on your forecourt for £11k  :jumpmove:

Rarely in my life does a dealer offer a good deal to the person p/ex any car whatever it may be . Dealers are **************** .
You can fill in the blank depending on your past experience . I was severely put off by my first experience . I bought a Cavailer Coupe Automatic for £6495 in 1983 , didn't like AUTOMATIC after 2 weeks so went back to swop it for the Cavailer Coupe they also had on their forecourt at £6295 , i offered them £200 aswell . They said they wanted £1750 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and would not take the car back any other way . Never bought another car off a dealer till i bought my Ed30 in 2010 .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Saintsteve

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2012, 07:27:43 pm »
To be honest, I think the people who think the Edition 30 is depreciation-proof are deluded.

Another useful post  :happy2:   :stupid:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2012, 07:29:28 pm »
Stop being a tosser Steve. It's valid point.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2012, 07:32:27 pm »

for those that are happy to trade in a car then the loss of a few extra £k wont really hurt. I was told my car is worth £6200 trade..... yes of course it is mate, when you have a similar model on your forecourt for £11k  :jumpmove:

Rarely in my life does a dealer offer a good deal to the person p/ex any car whatever it may be . Dealers are **************** .
You can fill in the blank depending on your past experience . I was severely put off by my first experience . I bought a Cavailer Coupe Automatic for £6495 in 1983 , didn't like AUTOMATIC after 2 weeks so went back to swop it for the Cavailer Coupe they also had on their forecourt at £6295 , i offered them £200 aswell . They said they wanted £1750 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and would not take the car back any other way . Never bought another car off a dealer till i bought my Ed30 in 2010 .

I'm not going to defend dealers, some are absolute cretins. But they are there to make money, simple really.

I've always taken the view that its more hassle to sell a car privately, and the value that comes from buying from a dealer is pure peace of mind. It won't make me rich granted!

Saintsteve

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2012, 07:43:10 pm »

Calling people Ed30 owners deluded fella, isn't really gonna go down well is it  :stupid:

If someone wants your car, in the spec they want, and your car has all the toys, and specs you require, it's in good condition, with receipts to back up your asking price, being that there are a lot less of them determines to a private buyer whether its worth paying the extra..

After owning now 3 GTi mk5's, I'd save the extra for a limited run version.

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2012, 07:44:30 pm »

for those that are happy to trade in a car then the loss of a few extra £k wont really hurt. I was told my car is worth £6200 trade..... yes of course it is mate, when you have a similar model on your forecourt for £11k  :jumpmove:

I'm not going to defend dealers, some are absolute cretins. But they are there to make money, simple really.

I've always taken the view that its more hassle to sell a car privately, and the value that comes from buying from a dealer is pure peace of mind. It won't make me rich granted!

To be honest for £3k i am more than happy to deal with the hassle of selling a car  :signLOL:

ON the note about Ed30's being depreciation proof, they are not, but they sure hold their money better than a lot of cars

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »

Calling people Ed30 owners deluded fella, isn't really gonna go down well is it  :stupid:

If someone wants your car, in the spec they want, and your car has all the toys, and specs you require, it's in good condition, with receipts to back up your asking price, being that there are a lot less of them determines to a private buyer whether its worth paying the extra..

After owning now 3 GTi mk5's, I'd save the extra for a limited run version.

If it's the right car, colour, right amount of doors and high spec you need (very small amount of them exist) then its going to go to someone who wants that car and will pay what he (and the seller) are happy with.

Just because one guy sells his "Poverty Spec" edition 30 with high miles does not mean the guy with a low mileage well specced car is selling it cheap  :happy2:

It will ultimately be worth what someone is prepared to pay for it  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:48:59 pm by Tamiyoman »

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 07:49:48 pm »
Well i have never had any trouble selling my old cars as they are always fantastic buys. I have had about 20 and have got what i ask for them everytime , i ask what its worth not some fictitious figure i pluck out of the sky to try and get more money . I do not do the ono or ovno either , i think that tells the prospective buyer i'm not serious about the price in the first place  :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2012, 07:50:04 pm »

And neither is twisting my comments. What are you, a tabloid journalist? :signLOL:

There is a certain camp of Edition 30 owners who seem to think that they've bought into exclusivity, that their car isn't going to lose value like other cars. I personally think they're wrong, and the trade supports this. Granted there will always be people that are willing to pay more for the right car (and good on them), but to say an Edition 30 holds its value "well" just isn't right. In my opinion of course.