Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Wind Deflectors for GTI !!!  (Read 12362 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Best Wind Deflectors for GTI !!!
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 01:56:05 pm »
My HEKO wind deflectors arrived today, only a ten minute look on my lunch, but i tried to get one of the clips and it it really doesnt look like it gonna fit.

Used a flat head to try push it up, but didnt click in.....anyone got pics or instruction on how to fit these?

Thanks
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2012, 02:04:34 pm »
I use to run my own business before on Club Polo - selling these in batches.

there is a trick to fitting them!

Put the deflectors in place - dont worry about the metal clips first.
Plastic is fitted in place and held with tape.
Put your window up a little and balance the metal clip on the top of the window - with the sticking out v-bit on the outside of the car. Put the window up - it will carry the metal clamp clip with it. It will fit in the windo guide and the v-bit will dig into the plastic of the deflectors. Then go back and do it with the 2nd one.

Hope that helps

My last 6 cars have all had Heko deflectors - the company I deal with sends me a bottle of Bison Grass Vodka every year at christmas! :)

Offline dan930

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2012, 02:15:22 pm »

Put your window up a little and balance the metal clip on the top of the window - with the sticking out v-bit on the outside of the car. Put the window up - it will carry the metal clamp clip with it. It will fit in the windo guide and the v-bit will dig into the plastic of the deflectors. Then go back and do it with the 2nd one.

Hope that helps

My last 6 cars have all had Heko deflectors - the company I deal with sends me a bottle of Bison Grass Vodka every year at christmas! :)

+2 climair are very good mate

MK6 golfR dsg
AKS TUNED
NORTECH PERFORMANCE HTA3071
R TECH custom map

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

Hope that helps

Cheers for the help bro...just one thing, it says to have the spike facing in.....but you think it better the spike facing to the outside of the car?

Thanks
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Polo6n1600i

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2012, 05:16:17 pm »
Either way if fine, but what a found was the little spikey out bit digs into the plastic of the delector and holds them pretty tight.

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2012, 08:19:24 pm »
Either way if fine, but what a found was the little spikey out bit digs into the plastic of the delector and holds them pretty tight.

Thanks for the help m8, fitted them tonight, went really well with your advice.  :notworthy: