Make a donation

Author Topic: Would you buy or not?  (Read 7914 times)

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
Re: Would you buy or not?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 11:00:51 am »
Thanks MC, what price roughly am i looking at buying a new or used BT module up for?  is the RNS also compatible with a current Parrot BT kit i have do you know?  Thanks

I had a Parrot Kit in my car (with my RCD510) before I had the OEM BT fitted and worked fine and will with the RNS. 5KO Bluetooth kits are usually available from Eddie-NL on here for around £170 IIRC. A recent For Sale thread......

.http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,51013.0.html

Mmmmm....still no better off in my choice. Keep it OEM (total cost £650 with BT & min) or after market total cost £500 with out sat Nav - (both expensive, when i have other mods in mind)

HELP !!!!   :signLOL:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 11:15:01 am »
Go for a cheaper double din unit then. Stick with the 530BT, will be a lot closer to your £400 budget, or you could go even cheaper and pay around £300. All depends on what you looking to get out of the HU.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:00:37 pm »
Go for a cheaper double din unit then. Stick with the 530BT, will be a lot closer to your £400 budget, or you could go even cheaper and pay around £300. All depends on what you looking to get out of the HU.

just a half decent touch screen that can play music from iPhone and has a decent power output. But even if i buy the 530BT, wont i have to buy the the extra bits as well which will take it over £400.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 12:36:03 pm »
You should be able to do the whole lot for under £400. If you like I can sort you a price for everything you need? Just remember the 530BT does not have the visual display out to display on the MFD, but it does have BT and does do iPod, etc.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline GTI-Ross

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:02 pm »
You should be able to do the whole lot for under £400. If you like I can sort you a price for everything you need? Just remember the 530BT does not have the visual display out to display on the MFD, but it does have BT and does do iPod, etc.

I dont think i need it on the MFD, never had it on any other car, so cant see my self needing it now.

Yeah if you can quote for Everything i would possibly need to get this set up, as at the moment i have the standard one in.

Thanks

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 03:49:44 pm »
Will pm you a price. Have to pop out again now, but will do it as soon as I get back in an hour or so.