Make a donation

Author Topic: The latest Nonce: Max Clifford!!  (Read 3802 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
The latest Nonce: Max Clifford!!
« on: December 06, 2012, 03:09:43 pm »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/max-clifford-arrested-on-suspicion-of-sexual-offences-by-police-investigating-jimmy-savile-scandal-8389869.html

I can't believe this! You'd have thought he'd keep his nose clean in his line of business! He'll have to hire himself to repair his tarnished image!!  :signLOL:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=3fptoi90q8do9ju5k98akquq52&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: The latest Nonce: Max Clifford!!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:12:45 pm »
Bloody hell... is anyone on tv NOT a paedo?  :scared:

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:13:41 pm »
2 to the chest and 1 to the head is all that parasite Clifford deserves and that's before he stuck his dick in some kids.  :fighting: :fighting: :fighting:

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:13:48 pm »
Its always  the people you least expect - they should castrate  them if found guilty

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:23:48 pm »

I'm putting 20 quid on the next lot being Alastair Stewart and the Chuckle Brothers!  :signLOL:

Timmy Mallet's got to be a contender as well!  :signLOL:

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline bigmig95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 50
  • I know enough to know that I don't know enough.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53191.0.html
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 03:36:47 pm »
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke  : :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Won't be many more TV interviews with his Roller and mansion in the background after this.  Big headed co!k.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 04:06:27 pm »
We don't know yet when Max Clifford's offences are alleged (we have to say "alleged" until proven in court or admitted) to have taken place. This is absolutely no excuse for such behaviour, but back in the 1970s taking advantage of teenage girls who swooned over famous stars was commonplace and accepted by everyone in the business.

However, behaviour like Savile's goes beyond acceptability no matter how long ago and in what moral climate.

The likelihood is that Max Clifford is found guilty but Alistair McAlpine (an ex client of mine) hasn't been. So we need to wait and see rather than become a lynch mob.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 04:35:05 pm »
No smoke without fire.

I think bearing in mind the sensitivity of the subject the Police are more than certain if they pick someone up.

R32UK

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 04:37:48 pm »

However, behaviour like Savile's goes beyond acceptability no matter how long ago and in what moral climate.

He hasnt been found guilty yet!!!  :P

... im still coming to terms with all this, as I met him when I was younger  :chicken:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 04:52:40 pm »

No smoke without fire.

I think bearing in mind the sensitivity of the subject the Police are more than certain if they pick someone up.

....The no smoke without fire aspect isn't reliable. But I do understand what you mean. We are in the realms of a 'strong likelihood of guilt'.

If by the Police "picking someone up", you mean making an arrest of, then very likely but still only alleged and not necessarily guilty. I was interviewed at length and on two separate occasions by Police over the murder of a Playboy Bunny girl I knew (Eve Stratford) in the 1970s and the Police were not nice to me and had the attitude that I was guilty but I wasn't arrested.

As you know, I am very pro Police but they are not always right and it is a good thing that we have courts in which to present cases both for and against someone accused.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 04:58:44 pm »

He hasnt been found guilty yet!!!  :P

... im still coming to terms with all this, as I met him when I was younger  :chicken:

....I wholeheartedly agree and realised that there was an element of contradiction when writing my post. However, the sheer weight of evidence (as far as we know it via the media) does strongly suggest he is guilty.

What a fiasco it would be if Savile was somehow found not to be guilty! But I can't see that happening. Whichever way you want to interpret it, his words "It was fun while it lasted" (or similar) on his now smashed up gravestone, said it all and he is untouchable now he is dead. That is of course unless you are religious and believe in the fires of Hell in an afterlife.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 05:44:20 pm »
I was interviewed at length and on two separate occasions by Police over the murder of a Playboy Bunny girl I knew (Eve Stratford) in the 1970s...

That's possibly the strangest claim to fame I've ever heard. Well done :grin:

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 06:06:17 pm »
i think given the media reaction after the BBC got it wrong be careful what you say

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 06:29:42 pm »

I was interviewed at length and on two separate occasions by Police over the murder of a Playboy Bunny girl I knew (Eve Stratford) in the 1970s...

That's possibly the strangest claim to fame I've ever heard. Well done :grin:

....It was very scary indeed at the time. Added to which, although I had only recently met her I was a close friend of one of her best mates (also a Bunny Girl) and the whole event was both shocking and emotional.

Anyway, the point I'm making is that the Police have a difficult job and are also under pressure to solve crime and, being human, they don't always get it right.

They may have got it right re Max Clifford but we actually don't know at this stage. Time will tell. I have to say that I really don't like the 'lynch mob' mentality which the media seem to stir up.

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 06:40:29 pm »
Part of the problem is that even if you're 100% innocent you never quite recover from allegations like this being spread across the media.

Look at Christopher Jefferies who was wrongly accused of murdering Jo Yeates. His life was ruined by totally false allegations appearing in every newspaper going. The British public too readily believe what they are told without questioning it.