Make a donation

Author Topic: M & S Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 941 times)

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
M & S Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: December 07, 2012, 11:57:35 am »
I know this should be in 'Insurance' but I thought it would be worthwhile posting here, if you need a laugh!
It certainly made my day!

I am currently serving out in Afghanistan and checked my bank statement this morning, to my horror there was a transaction for £446 from M&S car insurance!

First of all I thought someone has taken my money without consent. Then after a while a realised it was my years renewal premium taken in full!

I spoke to my wife to see if M&S had sent renewal documents and as far as she can see no!

So I managed to get on the phone to M&S after I got some quotes on Gocompare and explained my situation I asked them to match the quotes I got otherwise I will be taking my custom elsewhere!

One of the cheapest quotes was funnily enough from M&S! For £224, quite a saving from my £446 !

So I asked the guy on the phone if he could match it? No sir we can do it for £247 with additional access.

I then replied why would I do that when I can get it cheaper online even with a small admin fee of £6.00 to cancel my existing policy and receive a refund of £447 :stupid:

He could not answer that.

So to cut along story short I tried to go with Swiftcover for the bargain price of £197 but due to my location it would not accept my transaction (IP address wrong location).

I managed to pay for the next cheapest quote with Lloyds TSB for £207 :happy2: :happy2:

Saved myself £240 :pomppomp: :pomppomp:

I just can't believe Insurance companies think they can get away with such differences in the cost of policies and cannot match quotes online with exactly the same benefits.

PS I am an old git so I apologies if my quote is cheap (not that old)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: M & S Fail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 01:22:16 pm »
I swear joey essex must be behind some of these companys as there so fuc*king stupid  :stupid:

Keep safe out there in the afgan too  :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline lm_gauci

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 01:34:19 pm »
I wish my insurance was that cheap. I remember getting a renewal quote through then going online and getting a cheaper quote from the same company  :laugh:  I'd hate to think how many people dont do this though.

On a side note, I actually think Joey Essex is cool  :grin:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 02:10:46 pm »

On a side note, I actually think Joey Essex is cool  :grin:

That boy is so stupid/thick, he is an embarrassment to England (Maybe Essex too  :grin: :grin:) he probably thinks "England" is in America :signLOL: :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:12:36 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:14:52 pm »

On a side note, I actually think Joey Essex is cool  :grin:

That boy is so stupid/thick, he is an embarrassment to England (Maybe Essex too  :grin: :grin:) he probably thinks "England" is in America :signLOL: :signLOL:

They should send him out here on the front line along with the rest of them :signLOL:

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 04:55:05 pm »
There's a reason Swiftcover are cheap !

We were insured with them and wife was hit by another driver and they were so **** i had to deal with it myself , she was injured too which made be even more angry . I was never able to speak to anyone in person and dealt directly with the other company who couldn't have been more helpful . I must have called Switcover 70 times .
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline JStav

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 04:59:59 pm »
I had a similar issue, my insurance was under a multi car scheme with admiral along with my parents 2 cars (which was instantly supposed to give a 25% discount).

When I got the GTI they tried to charge me 700 in the multi car scheme, despite me being able to get the quote online from them individually at 500.  They refused to match it so when I threatened to cancel my policy they said no problem but the other 2 policies will go up as a result of a vehicle leaving the multi scheme.   :fighting:

Different story when I rang back half an hour later telling them we were going to cancel all 3 policies  :laugh:  All 3 prices dropped substantially!

I guess the moral is a shy kid gets no sweets!
Silver GTI, Revo Stage 1, R32 rear bumper, R32 exhaust, R32 rear lights, ED30 front splitter, RCD510, Lowered on Eibachs, open fog grills.

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 05:21:24 pm »
I had a similar issue, my insurance was under a multi car scheme with admiral along with my parents 2 cars (which was instantly supposed to give a 25% discount).

When I got the GTI they tried to charge me 700 in the multi car scheme, despite me being able to get the quote online from them individually at 500.  They refused to match it so when I threatened to cancel my policy they said no problem but the other 2 policies will go up as a result of a vehicle leaving the multi scheme.   :fighting:

Different story when I rang back half an hour later telling them we were going to cancel all 3 policies  :laugh:  All 3 prices dropped substantially!

I guess the moral is a shy kid gets no sweets!

Agreed :happy2: :happy2:

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 08:15:06 am »
Quite a few years ago (about 12, when I was young and daft) I was doing some shopping around as I had a lot of points and had a couple of claims on the go, I accidentally rang the same company twice withing the space of a few hours and was given quotes differing by £200.

All in all insurance companies are crooks and just pick a number out of a hat hoping you'll pay.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.