Make a donation

Author Topic: Downgrading to a Skoda Citigo has anyone done a similar thing?  (Read 3586 times)

Offline chocice

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Re: Downgrading to a Skoda Citigo has anyone done a similar thing?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2012, 11:42:17 pm »
That's looks pretty special

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2012, 10:16:34 am »
That Up GT looks great :happy2:

Maybe a Skoda yeti as the family car?
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2012, 10:32:57 am »
I have always ran a small city car of around 60ps from end November to April each year I have done this for over 20 years now. What I find is you adapt and it also teaches you to learn to drive properly again. You learn to build up speed to overtake, you learn to anticipate traffic more. It then ment later on in the year the GTI always felt faster again. It's actually saved me money doing this as I'm not constantly wanting more power due to bad driving habbits and getting use to things. I know its a different situation to yours but I don't find it a hardship after a few weeks.
This year is the first year I have not done this and am running something with more power 130ps (with winter tyres fitted too) and i thought I would never say this but boy am I missing a small city car in the snow and ice.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 10:42:01 am by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2012, 10:37:47 am »
What happens if you have good driving habits and still want more POWA  :laugh:

Looks like were in for a mild christmas time.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 06:39:18 pm »

What about an Audi A4 estate for SWMBO, and get something smaller for yourself, but also fun? How about a 172 Cup or a Lupo GTi? Makes 'Bangernomics' sense! I have to say, I've got a real craving for a 172 cup. You can get a really good one in that lovely electric blue paint with 70k on the clock for 2K!!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline b16vrg

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 08:42:06 pm »
That Up GT looks wicked, how much do they go for. I went past my local vw dealer and saw adverts for about a 2k deposit and pay £80 per month but I guess thats for the basic Up

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2012, 08:47:06 am »

What about an Audi A4 estate for SWMBO, and get something smaller for yourself, but also fun? How about a 172 Cup or a Lupo GTi? Makes 'Bangernomics' sense! I have to say, I've got a real craving for a 172 cup. You can get a really good one in that lovely electric blue paint with 70k on the clock for 2K!!

what a great track car for the money.

Offline chocice

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2012, 05:15:36 pm »
I think the Yeti or the A4 would be great cars, I doubt I would get a very recent A4 as they tend to hold there value, I wouldnt want a high mileage one with work possibly due, so it maybe a yeti which I think looks like a great car and I still remember the topgear review where Clarkson was driving through a building that was on fire and the climate control stopped his ice cream melting.

I see a lot of Nissan Jukes about I would say there one of the most popular cars round where I live any experience of them? are they particularly nippy etc.

The Citigo is on its way I have already ordered it 60bhp of raw sensible driving, its the family car I cant decide on, after working out our finances we can spend about 12k and it will be mainly used around town in the week and for trips out on the weekend so about 5,000 miles a year of use, im not keen on diesel as I had a Volvo that needed a DPF filter changing because it didnt get enough long journeys and the bill was nearly £2000!!!!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2012, 05:22:37 pm »
Yes. Its bloody awful.

Id at the very least get something diesel with 140BHP.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline chocice

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:57 pm »
Whats so bad about them? they look quite funky, I wouldnt need a diesel for only doing 5,000 miles per year I might as well buy the petrol version. I would want at least 140bhp for the second car but no more then the GTI.

Offline chocice

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 05:30:46 pm »
That Up GT looks wicked, how much do they go for. I went past my local vw dealer and saw adverts for about a 2k deposit and pay £80 per month but I guess thats for the basic Up

My citigo is £120 per month for 15,000 mile a year contract on the top spec version, so £80 must be the basic wind up window version. basically the cars start at £7k but the nice ones being the top of the range are £11K - £12k and the sport would probably be £13k thats why I went for a citigo as it worked out £2000 less then the equiv VW up. they start cheap but they have next to no kit its a bit of a con as I cant see many people wanting the billy base version really.