Make a donation

Author Topic: Wonderful!!  (Read 3842 times)

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
Re: Wonderful!!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2012, 06:49:55 pm »

I went into the back of a car a few years ago at less than 5mph in traffic  and caused a small scratch on its rear bumper.

I asked them to get a quote from a bodyshop and phone me to tell me what the price would be as if it wasn't too bad of a price I would of paid the bill to save going through insurance and us both having higher premiums due to making a claim

When I was looking at the damage I noticed that the tailgate and bumper was already coverd in scratches and dents (which were going rusty) and stated that I did not cause that damage and she agreed and told me and my dreind that she had reversed Into a wall and she would call me as soon as she got a quote, I was expecting a bill for a couple hundred as there was no damage just a scratch

About a month later she sent me a bill from the bodyshop for a new bumper, tailgate and rear lights with painting and blending in rear wings, this was almost £1400 and the work had already been done

I sent a letter back with a cheque for £200 stating that she agreed that the previous damage was not caused by me and I have pictures of the damage, she could either get in contact with her insurance and start a claim process or accept the cheque for the damage I have caused

....What was the final outcome?  :smiley: - She accepted your £200 payment and no more was heard?

Yeah the cheque was cashed and I never heard a word

scottm72

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2012, 06:53:10 pm »

I went into the back of a car a few years ago at less than 5mph in traffic  and caused a small scratch on its rear bumper.

I asked them to get a quote from a bodyshop and phone me to tell me what the price would be as if it wasn't too bad of a price I would of paid the bill to save going through insurance and us both having higher premiums due to making a claim

When I was looking at the damage I noticed that the tailgate and bumper was already coverd in scratches and dents (which were going rusty) and stated that I did not cause that damage and she agreed and told me and my dreind that she had reversed Into a wall and she would call me as soon as she got a quote, I was expecting a bill for a couple hundred as there was no damage just a scratch

About a month later she sent me a bill from the bodyshop for a new bumper, tailgate and rear lights with painting and blending in rear wings, this was almost £1400 and the work had already been done

I sent a letter back with a cheque for £200 stating that she agreed that the previous damage was not caused by me and I have pictures of the damage, she could either get in contact with her insurance and start a claim process or accept the cheque for the damage I have caused

....What was the final outcome?  :smiley: - She accepted your £200 payment and no more was heard?

Yeah the cheque was cashed and I never heard a word

hah, cheeky b@tch

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2012, 07:06:57 pm »
Thanks for the responses guys.

I live very near a plumbers merchant and I'm 99% sure it would be one of the their customers vans.
They are in and out and park anywhere and everywhere.

It's ridiculous that I'm thinking of getting a motion sensitive CCTV system!

I went in to see the plumbers merchant to be met with blank expressions and a 'I couldn't give a f**k' attitude.
To be fair to them it's the retards who can't drive their vans that seem to be the issue (I think)

Luckily there is nothing damaged but plastic oh and my wallet.

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:25 pm »
If you install CCTV make sure you have signs up stating that you are using CCTV.

I'm quite lucky most of my neighbours are curtain twitchers so someone is bound to see something if anything happens

Could you get an overly sensitive alarm fitted to your car so than any little bump will sound the alarm?

scottm72

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 07:20:01 pm »
yeah looks like your only option making sure it gets their reg plates
drastic but looks like the only way
cctv

Offline chrisr763

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 07:35:51 pm »
As above I would recommend an alarm. Although as soon as It happens again there likely to be gone! :( :sad:

scottm72

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 07:50:40 pm »
yeah cctv the buggers, 4 times a year, defin I would be doing that, just a cheap kit that can read the plates then you have all proff you need

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 09:31:33 pm »

I'm quite lucky most of my neighbours are curtain twitchers so someone is bound to see something if anything happens

Did someone mention curtain twitchers?.... Who? Me?....  Nah, I'd never dream of doing such a thing!

Ooops!  :ashamed: I think she has spotted me!! Quick! Duck! Or pretend I was closing the window.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:33:33 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

scottm72

« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2012, 10:35:18 pm »

Did someone mention curtain twitchers?.... Who? Me?....  Nah, I'd never dream of doing such a thing!

Ooops!  :ashamed: I think she has spotted me!! Quick! Duck! Or pretend I was closing the window.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
dude she is lovely

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2012, 10:38:16 pm »

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
dude she is lovely

Yeah she is!  :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Love the colour and the retro sunstrip on the windscreen!  :happy2:

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 12:03:51 pm »
All fixed!!

Got the parts from Eurowagens - ive had a couple of things from them now and have to say the service has been excellent - really quick delivery in particular.

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 12:58:55 pm »
Back to its former glory!  :happy2:

Hows the fitment of the eurowagens grill? Is it genuine?  :confused:

Thanks, chris

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 01:05:09 pm »
It's not a genuine part (made in Taiwan) but the indy mechanic said it was a good fit, no issues.

Offline nath

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 06:35:12 pm »
Gutted for you . It really annoy s me , some people just think they can hit cars with shopping trolleys and open there car doors onto yours etc etc   :fighting: they need to realise that every dent/ dink costs a minimum of £50 if your lucky ahhhhhh . I have kids and help them in and out of the car so this doesn't happen no matter what car I'm parked to.