Make a donation

Author Topic: Speaker Layout on the GTI  (Read 10850 times)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Speaker Layout on the GTI
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 07:50:45 pm »
Cool. I don't do used stuff unfortunately, just too much risk. I can't be selling something that works for a week then packs up, so only new items. You can still get a great sound from a well set up system using mid range comps.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

scottm72

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 08:04:46 pm »
Cool. I don't do used stuff unfortunately, just too much risk. I can't be selling something that works for a week then packs up, so only new items. You can still get a great sound from a well set up system using mid range comps.
can you give me a mid range full price from you for supply only as im in Aberdeen so prob to far for you to fit

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 08:27:41 pm »
Have a look here:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56171.0.html

and here

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,54070.0.html

and here

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,53591.0.html

I can also mix and match and will be supplying kits which have everything you need, along with a compact yet powerful amp to fit under the front seat.

Let me know via pm what sort of budget you looking at and I can put something together for you.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline GTI-Ross

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 26
  • Learning All The Time :)
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 09:52:19 pm »
Which are generally better? Hertz or Focal?

Think im looking for 3 ways up front, maybe changing out the rear (not sure if it worth it), Amp and a half dent sub....

Whats the best i can get for around £400.....(not alot i know ) :sad1:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | VWR SubFrame Mount | VibraTechnics Upper Engine Mount | VibraTechnic Transmission Mount | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:02:09 pm »
They are both excellent speakers. It's like anything, those who prefer Focal will say they are better and vice versa. From a sound reproduction point of view, I personally prefer the smoother sound of the Hertz over Focal. It's personal preference at the end of the day, you can't knock either manufacturer.

I will send you a pm, but £400 will not get you what you are looking for, for decent equipment. You can go lower end for that though.