Make a donation

Author Topic: VW BBS PESCARA QUERY  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
VW BBS PESCARA QUERY
« on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:17 pm »
Hi all.

Did the Ed30 pescaras have a VW or BBS centre cap from factory? I'm guessing VW but seen a lot with BBS caps...
Also does anyone know of or have a link of where I can get a set of either caps?

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: VW BBS PESCARA QUERY
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »
they had VW caps

you may be mistaking the rims with BBS centre caps for BBS VZs or BBS CHs, which both only accept a BBS centre cap and not a VW one!

if you have official Pescaras and want a BBS centre cap it's a case of getting stickers for your VW caps i'm afraid!
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 06:35:02 am »
they had VW caps

you may be mistaking the rims with BBS centre caps for BBS VZs or BBS CHs, which both only accept a BBS centre cap and not a VW one!

if you have official Pescaras and want a BBS centre cap it's a case of getting stickers for your VW caps i'm afraid!

Do you know where you can get the stickers? Might get some to see if they are of good enough quality.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 07:32:10 am »
I always thought pescara's were BBS CH's & that VW had just bought the rights to use on the eD30's? does the shape actually differ then?

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 07:59:55 am »
I always thought pescara's were BBS CH's & that VW had just bought the rights to use on the eD30's? does the shape actually differ then?

No, they are quite a bit different. The centre is sunken in more from the spokes on the CH than on the pescara. Also, the centre cap is a different size. This has been exhausted as a topic previously, and the only options are OEM VW caps or BBS Stickers over the top.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:44 am »
Pescaras are CHs - they even carry a BBS CH part number as well as a VW one. But as Ian mentions they are still quite different

Stickers wise I'd imagine eBay is your friend
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:47:01 am »
I seee, so there the same but different? haha lol :)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 09:33:19 am »
Pescaras are CHs - they even carry a BBS CH part number as well as a VW one. But as Ian mentions they are still quite different

Stickers wise I'd imagine eBay is your friend

I think, therefore, it's safe to say they are a different type of CH!  :grin:

The centre on the BBS CH sinks quite dramatically around the stud holes at the end of the spokes whereas on the Ed30 Pescara (CH's!) the end of the spokes curve into the centre of the wheel at the end of the spokes. I personally find this more attractive.