Make a donation

Author Topic: How much is my Edy worth?  (Read 947 times)

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
How much is my Edy worth?
« on: December 11, 2012, 10:26:39 am »
Hi guys - it has been a while since I last logged on but I'm after some advice on my Edition 30. 

I'm actually moving abroad with my work at the end of January and as much as I've tried - can't justify keeping my beloved Ed30.   :sad:

I've put it on Pistonheads but would love some feedback on how much you think she's worth.  She's currently up for £9349 (based on me looking around at what else is out there).  Any thoughts?

http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/volkswagen-golf-mk5-gti-edition-30-dsg-2007-67-000-miles-300bhp--9349/947851

Thanks in advance.

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
Re: How much is my Edy worth?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:35:07 am »
Hey mate,

you might stand better chance of selling if you reverted the car back to standard? It would be a very select few who would be in a market for a relatively heavily modded ED30.
If you reverted back to standard and sold your mods separately, you would recover more of the costs (of the mods) back...

Hope this helps

Rich

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 10:38:58 am »
Thanks Rich - I considered this but wasn't sure.  Thought it would save someone some money with Revo/similar!  Obviously could return the maps to normal fairly cheaply - rest is all cosmetic tbh (except wheels which would be expensive to return to standard and they're immaculate).  Hmmmm.... 

Offline bushypad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:34:39 pm »
Lovely car mate, If I hadn't bought my GTI recently I would have taken this off you as is!

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 05:55:53 pm »
Thanks mate, enjoy the GTi! Have to be honest, i'll be sad to see her go.  As soon as I'm near a PC I'll pop her in the For Sale section and see if there's any interest.

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »
 Too cheap... Yours is similar spec to mine, although yours doesn't have xenons. Mine has 65k and I would be looking at no lower then 10k personally.

Offline yetidom

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 10:28:56 am »
Thanks Steve, I thought it was cheap compared to what else is out there which does upset me a little as I love the car, equally it sounds like I'm not TOO cheap based on what you've said, given I need a quick sale before I move to Singapore...  Will really miss the car and driving generally!

Offline peter

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 12:38:29 pm »
Great car for a very good price, GLWS :happy2:
ED30, Custom stage 1 remap,  THS FR3 engine mounts, Helix clutch, AP coilovers, W.A.L.K, Powerfex lower front control arm bushes, Heko wind deflectors