Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome GTI review  (Read 21581 times)

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
Re: Awesome GTI review
« Reply #75 on: March 12, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »
Just thought I would add my 2p to this.

I've used Awesome GTI a fair bit, all be it for my TDI. So far I've had nothing but great service from them if i'm honest.

Being new to the modding scene they have been very patient with me and answered my questions to a level that instilled a lot of confidence in them for me.

Personally I am happy to keep trading with them until such a time they do something wrong by me then I will pursue it down the right route. Rather than throw a hissy :P

As someone who works for a world leading electronics firm that is public facing, I can safely say that a lot lot more people will be more than happy to complain about something rather than give praise. Often the percentage of people who have problems / complaints is minuscule in comparison to "happy customers".

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hey mate a forum is for airing your views, good and bad.
I appreciate your input, as you should appreciate mine, it certainly isn't a "hissy" to wait a month or two for a part that should be in stock for delivery!  It's poor bloody service mate.  If I can't express that on here, then what's the point!?

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: March 12, 2013, 11:18:33 pm »
Just thought I would add my 2p to this.

I've used Awesome GTI a fair bit, all be it for my TDI. So far I've had nothing but great service from them if i'm honest.

Being new to the modding scene they have been very patient with me and answered my questions to a level that instilled a lot of confidence in them for me.

Personally I am happy to keep trading with them until such a time they do something wrong by me then I will pursue it down the right route. Rather than throw a hissy :P

As someone who works for a world leading electronics firm that is public facing, I can safely say that a lot lot more people will be more than happy to complain about something rather than give praise. Often the percentage of people who have problems / complaints is minuscule in comparison to "happy customers".

Just thought I would throw that out there.

Hey mate a forum is for airing your views, good and bad.
I appreciate your input, as you should appreciate mine, it certainly isn't a "hissy" to wait a month or two for a part that should be in stock for delivery!  It's poor bloody service mate.  If I can't express that on here, then what's the point!?

Of course I appreciate your input and point of view, I think you may misunderstood my post.

I certainly wasn't saying you threw a hissy yourself, based on what you have said you have good reason to be "miffed"

The point I was trying to make, badly I might add. Is that people should not be so quick to complain and moan or at least not broadcast it anyway. There should be more of a balance in terms of highlighting good service in equal proportion to bad service.

For example how often do you go to the shops, get served by someone nice and leave feeling valued as a customer and then go home and tell the mrs ? You dont, you would however go home and tell the mrs if someone was rude to you.

Im summary, by all means we should highlight bad service, but we should reward/praise good service too !

I may be slightly biased as in my role I do sometimes encounter complaints but it is a rarer occasion for me to be hearing a report of good service.

I hope that made sense, if any offence was caused by my post then I apologise, its getting late and hey its a forum not a written will !
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2013, 12:40:10 am »
Had a read of the replies, as you both say opinions are needed,
We can only voice our own experiences and that is what forums are for, for example i have just posted a thread warning about fraudulant activity regarding dudmonkeyz of which my credit card company have confirmed - yet they are still taking peoples cash with no product deliveries - so forums are very usefull.
For Awesome to take my cash with no stock, no intention of orderring the item until they have a minimum number without informing me and keeping me waiting for months on end with no replies to e-mails is ridiculous, very bad service indeed.
If i dealt with them and everything was hunky dorey then i would be defending them here - but we can only go on our own experiences and it shouldnt need for us to telephone them up and get cast iron gaurantees for an item to be delivered in time when this is something their web site said would happen anyway,, this is why we buy from the advertised area in the first place.
I dont want to be chasing every company i order from to make sure i get an item when that's what i paid for in the first place.
From what i can see regarding awesome, they seem great if you get the right person dealing with your order AND THEY HAVE STOCK, what pisses me off is their site says it has stock when it doesnt and you then wait ages for the item with no replies to e-mails,,,, this is very bad customer service.
This is just my opinion on the company but bare in mind my reasons ARE factual unfortunatelly.  :drinking:

Offline neil86

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2013, 11:31:57 am »
Well I have used awesome twice now both times shocking service they never ring you back or let you know lead times, if something is out of stock I am prepared to wait I am not a spoilt child lol!! I do expect a courtesy call to let you know the problems they have with my order. I am still waiting on a roll bar that they have supplied once already incorrect.

That have taken mine back after I sprayed it which is good but I questioned numerous times before I painted it was it the correct part, when I came to fit it wasn't.

I think that have too much going on and are loosing there Customer  service quality.

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2013, 11:51:24 am »
Awesome have FAR too many things going on, these are some of the companies they direct:

BreakerBroker / Awesome Ltd. / Dubkorps EU / PartsBucket

Using the same staff for all, it's not the staff's fault, I've always found them very friendly, but I think they are stretched too thinly; it needs addressing, either with more staff or more efficient stock control. 
They really could be Awesome with these things sorted.

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2013, 07:32:35 pm »
Not sure why I put faith in Awesome, again, but they've put me on a long wait for some 42 Draft bushes... I waited a week, then contacted them, took them 3 days to contact back, to say there will be a 14 day wait from today!! So nearing a month then, FFS! :indifferent:

I could've easily bought them straight from the states and received in half the time and paid less too...  so why am I paying Awesome tax for them to do the same!!?

Does anyone have the P/N for the standard gear linkage bushes from VW?

I bought some from Awesome last year, they didnt fit my early 2066 '55' plate gti though so I have them sitting in the shed.
I was confused as to why they didnt fit to be honest.

Happy to sell them on to you if you think they would fit.

Thanks mate, if I can get a refund from Awesome, I'll defo have them off you... if you can get that part number later on (perhaps a cheeky photo :), that would be great, cheers

Not sure what what the exact part number is but from the packaging:

42-455-007

mk5 6S MY07

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2013, 07:37:47 pm »
MY07... Model Year 2007

However, they look the right shape to what I have on my 2005 ends. :confused:

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:51 pm »
MY07... Model Year 2007

However, they look the right shape to what I have on my 2005 ends. :confused:

haha!! god knows!! £20 delivered to your door if you want them?

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2013, 07:23:43 am »
Thats the reason why they didnt fit yr 55 GTi, you and Camfollower both need the 06 bushings surely!? :-o

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2013, 08:33:52 am »
Thats the reason why they didnt fit yr 55 GTi, you and Camfollower both need the 06 bushings surely!? :-o

When I bought them the 3 options, as is on the awesome website now, were not available.

Offline Matthew.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2013, 09:01:06 am »
I had a cambelt change there a few years ago with my old GTI, and they didnt notice a severe miss-fire.

Took it to an other well known tuner for a RR run and they noticed as soon as they turned the key.

Not saying A-GTI caused it however they sure didnt notice it, despite having the car for 6 hours  :mad:
2006 Golf GTI - Diamond Black Pearl - Edition 30 Pescaras - Armrest - CD Multi-changer - Colour Coded Rear Valance

Progress thread - http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,65230.new.html#new

Offline Awesomemark

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2013, 11:56:07 am »
Hey guys and girls

I do appreciate your comments and apologise to those who we have got things wrong for especially due to waiting for parts, the whole team is working hard behind the scenes to make this better, it is impossible to stock everything we offer but it should be and will be better to obtain accurate dates and better communication.

I am giving you all my direct details if you should have a future problem or issue where i can be contacted via email by phone or directly to my personal mobile.

We do get it right most of the time but mainly we only hear when things go wrong, in this game things will always go wrong but how we deal with the situation is how we will be judged. May i just say thanks to the people supporting us with kind words not just on this thread but elsewhere on the Forum.

There are big plans in place at this stage and some exciting times ahead and with that will come some complications however this is why i am giving you my details so i can try and resolve this.

Mark Ash (Director) Awesome Ltd

email : mark@awesome-gti.co.uk
0161 7760777

mobile 07776363900

please except my apologies for past issues and allow me to help with any further issues that may arise

Regards Mark

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2013, 12:52:35 pm »
I appreciate you taking the time to respond Mark.

However, this:

It is impossible to stock everything we offer

Then simply don't offer it.
Or at least be up front and say it's going to take at least 4 weeks for delivery... yes, you would lose a sale, I wouldn't order it, but at least it's communicating the lead time and allowing people to make an informed decision.  You would then still keep customers happy, I would return for other products that are in stock; but the way it is at the moment, I have no idea if an item is going to be here tomorrow or in 2 months, so I cannot plan to fit it.

I will say, that I've just recently used one your subsidiary companies (unknowingly) and have been very happy with delivery time and excellent response from staff (tbf staff have never been the problem, always helpful and courteous; it's just the stock issue, once that's addressed... happy days :happy2:).

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2013, 01:10:45 pm »
yeah what he said above  :drinking:

Offline Trev.

• Always Involved
  • Thank You