Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome GTI review  (Read 21587 times)

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
Re: Awesome GTI review
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2013, 05:00:24 pm »
Hassan told me straight away it wasn't in stock and it would be 1 week to me.
On the website though it doesn't say not in stock so if ordering online it wouldn't arrive when expected.
as previouslly said their politeness is fine, its just the stock issues,
although hassan was very nice to you if you HAD just ordered from the web site as you said you would have been let down again.
interesting to find out if you get your item in a week
dont think you will but for your sake hope you do
keep us posted  :happy2:
Well tomorrow it's a week since I ordered so I phoned for an update today.
They haven't received it yet and are contacting APR to find out where it is!!!
I've said I wanted it by the end of the week so lets see if that deadline is met.
MISANO RED RS3

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2013, 06:47:00 pm »
Hassan told me straight away it wasn't in stock and it would be 1 week to me.
On the website though it doesn't say not in stock so if ordering online it wouldn't arrive when expected.
as previouslly said their politeness is fine, its just the stock issues,
although hassan was very nice to you if you HAD just ordered from the web site as you said you would have been let down again.
interesting to find out if you get your item in a week
dont think you will but for your sake hope you do
keep us posted  :happy2:
Well tomorrow it's a week since I ordered so I phoned for an update today.
They haven't received it yet and are contacting APR to find out where it is!!!
I've said I wanted it by the end of the week so lets see if that deadline is met.
sorry to hear that mate but expected it, you see what we are having a problem with here and hence the thread.
at least they said your part is actually in transit
im gonna assume you will not get it by the end of the week and you will not get a phone call or e-mail telling you anything unless you chase them again.
keep us posted buddy and good luck  :happy2:

Offline Marshall

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 08:25:04 pm »
Well I chased Awesome up again today and got a guy called Adam who told me the part still hadn't arrived yet.
While I was holding on the phone he rang the supplier APR in this case, The supplier said the part was sent to Awesome last week but Awesome hadn't received it.
Anyway Adam said he was going to chase them up again this afternoon.
Got a phone call about 3pm from Adam saying I would receive it tomorrow.
I then received a tracking number by text stating delivery tomorrow.
 Glad he went the extra mile to sort me out. :happy2:
MISANO RED RS3

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 08:40:51 pm »
Well I chased Awesome up again today and got a guy called Adam who told me the part still hadn't arrived yet.
While I was holding on the phone he rang the supplier APR in this case, The supplier said the part was sent to Awesome last week but Awesome hadn't received it.
Anyway Adam said he was going to chase them up again this afternoon.
Got a phone call about 3pm from Adam saying I would receive it tomorrow.
I then received a tracking number by text stating delivery tomorrow.
 Glad he went the extra mile to sort me out. :happy2:

that worked out, wish they had treated the rest of us like that and threads like this wouldnt be here.
my problem was i ordered the part, it was in stock, then it wasnt in stock, i waited and waited with no replies, then i was told by awesome they would not order the part from the supplier until they had a minimum order quantity as per their policy, i couldnt beleive it, i was also told it may be a few weeks.
i waited for ages with unanswerred e-mails and phone messages as well.
spoke to a membor of gti staff on here and he said it would be in stock next week, i thought great i finally get my part, then a couple of days before it was coming into stock they processed a refund for me out of the blue !!!
had to buy elsewhere
not great and a complete balls up
glad you got sorted though

Offline Aweful_Truth

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 01:24:01 am »
I've bought a few bits from them and had no real issues, only one was I bought and paid for a tshirt (not massive I know) and it wasn't in stock unlike what the website said, so about an hour after paying a chap rang me up and sorted something else out, thought this was pretty good service and everything I've bought always arrived a few days later, would be pretty annoyed if that balls up you've had happened to me though at least it's resolved I guess
To Bad, So Sad, Bye Bye!

Offline tgazgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 06:24:50 am »
I was going to go to awesome so a remap but all these bad reviews of customer service is putting me off.

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 10:07:13 am »
I have always found the chaps at Awesome very helpful and have never had a problem with stock when have ordered something.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2013, 10:52:40 am »
Not sure why I put faith in Awesome, again, but they've put me on a long wait for some 42 Draft bushes... I waited a week, then contacted them, took them 3 days to contact back, to say there will be a 14 day wait from today!! So nearing a month then, FFS! :indifferent:

I could've easily bought them straight from the states and received in half the time and paid less too...  so why am I paying Awesome tax for them to do the same!!?

Does anyone have the P/N for the standard gear linkage bushes from VW?

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2013, 11:20:12 am »
May i ask what year your GTi is? I ordered (telephone) a set of 42DD bushings for my 05 GTi last Wednesday, they arrived on Saturday, and my THS front engine mounts arrived today (direct from THS actually as Awesome had none in stock)!

:confused:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:27 am »
You got my set :fighting: joking :happy2:
Car is MY2006 6 speed GTI

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2013, 11:35:10 am »
well they never mentioned about only 1 set being available tbh!! The thing that i'm asking myself is whether they will actually fit my car, being a 2005 GTi, the label says 2006, so confusing!!?? Apologies if i have your set mate!!  :sad1:

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2013, 11:54:31 am »
awesome were very good when dealing with my 42 DD bushes - speak to Mike - very helpful.

All side to side links are the same from 2002-2007 I think so as long as you have the right kit for the front 2 back the side to side should fit (unless you have a Forge shortshifter as they then dont fit as the diameter of the hole is 8mm and the Forge pin 10mm - doh)
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:36 pm »
Hi Andy, ive opted against the forge shortsh*ter, so just having the bushings fitted! You mention the word 'kit', but all they sent me were 2 sets of bushings, each set with different diameter holes, is this all that is needed to fit??
Cheers

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2013, 01:31:07 pm »
well they never mentioned about only 1 set being available tbh!! The thing that i'm asking myself is whether they will actually fit my car, being a 2005 GTi, the label says 2006, so confusing!!?? Apologies if i have your set mate!!  :sad1:

Haha, not your fault bud; although I did order on the Tuesday evening, which is odd because you ordered on the Wednesday... you got telephone preference me thinks :laugh:

As berg says they were the same up until 2007, so yours should be cool... I'm doing mine as a fault finding issue more than anything, as I have a lot of lateral play of the stick whilst in gear.  I'll try some standard bushes to see if it solves the prob.

Let me know what they are like though mate :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2013, 01:34:22 pm »
Certainly will do! Heh, if I dont like em i'll sell em to you for only £30, lol!!