Make a donation

Author Topic: Awesome GTI review  (Read 21591 times)

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
Re: Awesome GTI review
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »
Not sure why I put faith in Awesome, again, but they've put me on a long wait for some 42 Draft bushes... I waited a week, then contacted them, took them 3 days to contact back, to say there will be a 14 day wait from today!! So nearing a month then, FFS! :indifferent:

I could've easily bought them straight from the states and received in half the time and paid less too...  so why am I paying Awesome tax for them to do the same!!?

Does anyone have the P/N for the standard gear linkage bushes from VW?

I bought some from Awesome last year, they didnt fit my early 2066 '55' plate gti though so I have them sitting in the shed.
I was confused as to why they didnt fit to be honest.

Happy to sell them on to you if you think they would fit.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2013, 03:39:34 pm »
hhmmm, can i ask what part number you have that doesn't fit plse??

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2013, 04:03:09 pm »
hhmmm, can i ask what part number you have that doesn't fit plse??

they are in the shed so will need to check later on tonight!

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #63 on: March 12, 2013, 04:17:43 pm »
very odd they don't fit, because as others have eluded to on this thread, it was only in 2007 that the shape changed (i think). I am hoping that others here who have a pre-2007 GTi can confirm if that MY-06 42dd bushings should and do fit!?  :confused:

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 04:34:22 pm »
I bought some from Awesome last year, they didnt fit my early 2066 '55' plate gti though so I have them sitting in the shed.

That's why they don't fit.....you obviously have a MKXVIII GTI :signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
oh you Yorkshire blokes, lol!!  :P

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 04:55:07 pm »

That's why they don't fit.....you obviously have a MKXVIII GTI :signLOL:

:happy2: 2066!!! where 500 bhp is standard but road tax is £14k per annum....

and red is still the fastest colour.

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 04:55:51 pm »
Not sure why I put faith in Awesome, again, but they've put me on a long wait for some 42 Draft bushes... I waited a week, then contacted them, took them 3 days to contact back, to say there will be a 14 day wait from today!! So nearing a month then, FFS! :indifferent:

I could've easily bought them straight from the states and received in half the time and paid less too...  so why am I paying Awesome tax for them to do the same!!?

Does anyone have the P/N for the standard gear linkage bushes from VW?

Thanks mate, if I can get a refund from Awesome, I'll defo have them off you... if you can get that part number later on (perhaps a cheeky photo :), that would be great, cheers

Offline berg

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 05:35:21 pm »
Hi Andy, ive opted against the forge shortsh*ter, so just having the bushings fitted! You mention the word 'kit', but all they sent me were 2 sets of bushings, each set with different diameter holes, is this all that is needed to fit??
Cheers

yeah thats all you need steve fitting them is he?
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 07:26:36 pm »
Yeah, Steve and co are fitting them, amongst a multitude of other things! That said, theres a suggestion above in this thread that the MY 06 bushings wont fit the 2005 GTi's, just waiting on confirmation of the part number bushings he has!? I mean, if these dont fit mine, that just leaves the MK IV 42dd bushings, but looking on Awesome's website, the Mk 4 and early Mk 5 bushings look exactly the same, if the photos are representitive of course!?

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 09:01:51 pm »
Sometimes Awesome GTI can be very good at what they do, but on a lot of other occasions they are useless.
So tired of the way they deal with stock issues, if they have it then the service is fine,
on the other hand if they dont have it -
1 - they dont tell you on the web site
2 - they dont tell you after you have ordered it
3 - they DO NOT like to answer e-mails
4 - they take ages to do refunds mainly because they dont really answer e-mails
5 - their attitude stinks when it comes to explaining where your item is.
Such a poor service, i mean ffs we are all busy enough in our own lives without spending time after time chasing these guys about for our item's,,,, a good way of f**king a companies reputation up by letting your bread and butter customers down time and time again.
I still remember the excuse they gave me on the phone a few months ago ( as listed earlier on this thread ) i was chasing my item like mad as it should have been delivered,,, no answer to e-mails etc etc, i finally lost the plot and called them only to be told the following.
Yes the item is still showing as available status on the web site, although we dont actually have any we CAN GET THEM  :confused:
I was also told repeatedly that my item would be here soon as it was due in from the supplier  :jumping:
After getting this answer every time i pushed some more and was told that my item would not be arriving any time soon as they NEEDED A MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY before putting the order in to the supplier - WTF -  :confused:
Why was i not bl**dy told this at the beginning,,, i think i waited in total around 2 months  :sad1:
Finally i asked for a refund on the phone only for the guy to tell me they would at last be arriving in their warehouse in 3 days  :jumping:
So i waited in  :jumping: for my item and guess what, instead of my item i got a refund  :stupid: :stupid: :stupid:
WWWWWWWWW-TTTTTTTTT-FFFFFFFFF, i mean honestly what a bunch of muppets.
Got so fed up with the whole thing i have now washed my hands of this company.
AWESOME GTI more like AWESOME GTF :booty: :booty: :booty:

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 09:11:51 pm »
I can understand why Awesome have the website setup like it is (Offer loads of products with little or no stock), less overhead and it will do well in the SERP's, BUT it's business suicide when its so hit and miss for customers to order and receive via their website.

Unfortunately for me at least, it's definitely the last time I will order from them... if parts are coming from the States I may as well order them direct, saving money and time it seems.

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 09:28:24 pm »
I can understand why Awesome have the website setup like it is (Offer loads of products with little or no stock), less overhead and it will do well in the SERP's, BUT it's business suicide when its so hit and miss for customers to order and receive via their website.

Unfortunately for me at least, it's definitely the last time I will order from them... if parts are coming from the States I may as well order them direct, saving money and time it seems.
Yeah have to agree with you, thankfully we have sites like this forum where we can all help each other out and weed out the people / companies who are taking the p*ss.
Another problem i had around this time was with a company called dub monkeyz
I bought a DRL kit,,, took ages and to cut a long story short i had to get my credit card company to retreive my money.
They have closed down by the looks of it but still have an active web site taking your cash, when you pay through their checkout it goes to some credit card verification site who are reputable AND DO PROTECT YOU so you think you are safe as i have seen this company hundreds of times.
Trouble is the screen flickers when you do this and what you do not realise is that they USED TO use this card verification site when they where ligit, but since closing down they have set it up in a way that it still looks like you are going through the verification, when the screen flickers it is actually disconnecting you from it and dub monkeyz is then getting your cash directly to them.
You think you have just had the sale verified but in reality you dont.
Thankfully i paid by credit card and i got my money back, if it was debit card i might not have.
What utter crooks
here is a link to their site
http://www.dubmonkeyz.co.uk/
this problem was resolved 3 months ago, i dont know if the company is fixed now or it is still the same, they certainly still have an active home page.
My credit card company where also unsuccesfull in contacting them,,,, be carefull guys
 :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:

Offline gigolo456

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:32 pm »
Hmm, a lot of scaremongering going on here guys! In fairness we can only go on r own personal experiences I guess! As Berg said, it mite make a difference who u talk to, which shouldnt be the case of course!!
I ordered 06 42dd bushings last Wed, got them Saturday, and my THS engine mounts arrived today, albeit from THS directly! I did stress when initially speaking to them that I needed these parts by the end of this wk tops, I made them give me their word on this!!
Ref my 42dd bushings, if they dont fit my  05 GTi, thats my problem, not theirs, but yes, all these negative reviews make me think that either yr experiences are in the minority or ive just been extremely lucky!?

Offline DarkSideJohn

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: March 12, 2013, 10:13:35 pm »
Just thought I would add my 2p to this.

I've used Awesome GTI a fair bit, all be it for my TDI. So far I've had nothing but great service from them if i'm honest.

Being new to the modding scene they have been very patient with me and answered my questions to a level that instilled a lot of confidence in them for me.

Personally I am happy to keep trading with them until such a time they do something wrong by me then I will pursue it down the right route. Rather than throw a hissy :P

As someone who works for a world leading electronics firm that is public facing, I can safely say that a lot lot more people will be more than happy to complain about something rather than give praise. Often the percentage of people who have problems / complaints is minuscule in comparison to "happy customers".

Just thought I would throw that out there.
'04 GT TDI 140 | Remapped | Cold Air Intake | WALK | TBE