Make a donation

Author Topic: Does anyone know if....  (Read 1326 times)

Saintsteve

Does anyone know if....
« on: December 16, 2012, 07:10:03 pm »
 If the rear plastic inner arch is removeable to gain better access to remove a dent that I acquired from a fellow no observant motorist today?

by Saint steve, on Flickr

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
Re: Does anyone know if....
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 07:47:53 pm »
I would assume it is. I removed all four on my Jetta for a proper clean this past summer.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Saintsteve

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 07:49:06 pm »
I would assume it is. I removed all four on my Jetta for a proper clean this past summer.

Is it just a series of self taping screws in and around the arch squeeguk?

Offline Squeeguk

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 28
    • Avante Auto - Still under construction
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:58:17 pm »
From memory, that is correct. I did all 3 cars at the same time so can't recall which one was mounted in what way. But if you take the wheel off, you should be able to see all the screws that hold it on. I think there might be some on the arch itself too, or maybe that was the other cars???? Damn.

Good idea to give them a good clean and behind them while you have them off, you cannot believe the amount of gunk that builds up behind them.

Avante Auto - For all your Auto Electronics and Car Audio needs including retrofits down South
PM me or call 0845 116 8870 for advice or pricing. Special Discount for Forum members

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 08:02:17 pm »
From memory a mate of mine had a dent in the same area and it was done by going in through the boot due to it being double skinned.

Saintsteve

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 08:03:54 pm »
Cheers Matto... Someone else did say that too, will look in the morning :smiley:

:happy2:

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
The plastic liner removes with the Torx screws, can;t remember if there's an inner metal skin that high though... that's gonna take more than a "dent man" Hope you got some details?
Diesel Daily Hack.

Saintsteve

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 08:38:02 pm »
The plastic liner removes with the Torx screws, can;t remember if there's an inner metal skin that high though... that's gonna take more than a "dent man" Hope you got some details?

I've had a look and yes you can access easy from the boot, but it's right at the bottom and whether its possible to get something down there to push it out looks doubtful, but I'll leave it to Dent master to do..

yes , I got the guys details, the wife was driving my car due to the fact I sank a few jars of Caffreys at the pub after a celebration dinner with the in laws. I was sat in the passenger seat and watched in slow motion as it happened, nothing I could do, just heard and felt the horrible noise of a Vauxhall Astra scrapping down the side of the car..  :sick:

He has admitted liability and is footing the bill.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 08:40:19 pm by Saintsteve »

Offline E30Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 42
  • -Receive: 76
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 08:47:15 pm »
In that case get the best job you can and be 100% satisfied... sorry to see bud.
Diesel Daily Hack.