Make a donation

Author Topic: JKM Performance are now an official APR dealer  (Read 9339 times)

Offline WhiteGTI

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
Re: JKM Performance are now an official APR dealer
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:47 am »
JKM - you should update your signature!  :smiley:
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 08:18:39 pm »
Just to clarify - we are JKM Performance not JKM Motorsport    :happy2:

original topic title updated  :happy2:
Sorry guys - easy mistake to make - I should know better - SLAP...

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 08:22:17 pm »
Just to clarify - we are JKM Performance not JKM Motorsport    :happy2:

original topic title updated  :happy2:
Sorry guys - easy mistake to make - I should know better - SLAP...
1000 lines for you dom :mad:         :wink:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 08:23:26 pm »
Done - do one, copy and paste  :happy2: Ain't technology grand!

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 9
Re: JKM Motorsport are now an official APR dealer
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 10:08:11 pm »
This old APR vs blah blah blah propaganda argument has been circling since day dot... this thread smacks of the old gag of X-tuner's staff logging in on blag accounts and causing trouble, such is the level of defense of something as daft as this.

You pays your money, you pick what you prefer.

Exactly Tony....I didn't pick who's best argument they are both very very similar in their delivery....nothing wrong with Revo or APR...I went for APR for cruise control and ease of switching.

No I don't work for Awesome but have been around the world of VW Motorsport for many years.. had a few dices in the VW Rainx Championship (Now VW Cup).

Tracking a car is far more interesting in my view. Sprinting 1/4 is not my bag...lapping Spar/Donnington or the Ring is my forte and building my car to suit is only just beginning.
Pearl Black Edition 30 3 Door. DSG. (3rd Edition 30)
Maybe on the too do list: APR Stage 2+, KW Clubsports, Brakes, Diff.

Phil Mcavity

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2009, 10:56:46 pm »
Done - do one, copy and paste  :happy2: Ain't technology grand!
hehehe, if only it was like that in our day.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:54 am »
This old APR vs blah blah blah propaganda argument has been circling since day dot... this thread smacks of the old gag of X-tuner's staff logging in on blag accounts and causing trouble, such is the level of defense of something as daft as this.

Exactly Tony....I didn't pick who's best argument they are both very very similar in their delivery....nothing wrong with Revo or APR...I went for APR for cruise control and ease of switching.

No I don't work for Awesome but have been around the world of VW Motorsport for many years.. had a few dices in the VW Rainx Championship (Now VW Cup).

Tracking a car is far more interesting in my view. Sprinting 1/4 is not my bag...lapping Spar/Donnington or the Ring is my forte and building my car to suit is only just beginning.

Is that near Spa?  :wink:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 09:07:18 am »

Nah, I didn't think you did - I had a fair idea who you were anyway, there wasn't that many stage 3 APR cars about.

I'm good friends with Tabs, Wilko and the like, so I've seen all the fun over the years in terms of forum debates!... they made for very amusing reading and this brought back a bit of nostalgia.

Oh, I'm with you on the track days too - I've done 3 and 2 'ring trips since I bought it last August, so my car is probably along the lines of how you'll be setting yours up too I guess (albiet with more power than mine being an ED30 and all).. go not show.

my car link
Sideways yo!

Offline revo carl

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 09:25:50 am »
Personally id have revo map over APR all day long.

Why?

You obviously don't know the story on the formation of Revo when the software writers for Revo were in fact working with APR when they jumped ship on the birth of Revo.
A major lawsuit ensued by APR which I won't go into detail however their software is very similar the main differences are that APR can use cruise to facilitate programme changes.

Alas you seem to think you know more than you actually do.....

REVO developed aftermarket flashing on VAG vehicles... we also hold the patent for switching,

so it's our technologies, before us the only option on VAG cars was chip tuning with no switching, and if you really look everything we were accused of doing was dismissed as we did nothing wrong! REVO is and always was a business, we are proud of our tuning and we will always defend it and protect it.

Please get your facts right before posting on a public forum!

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2009, 10:21:39 am »

I find the trolleys with the 2 fixed wheels handle better round that place... the ones with 4 castors are a bit vague on turn in if you ask me  :grin:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2009, 11:25:24 pm »

I find the trolleys with the 2 fixed wheels handle better round that place... the ones with 4 castors are a bit vague on turn in if you ask me  :grin:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Msportman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 12:12:13 am »
msportsman (aka Ianb on other forums) is a very loyal APR customer and obviously will not have anyone diss their products (bit like the peeps on vortex really)

fair enough he was one of the few to bolt the APR S3+ GT28RS kit on a Mk4 Golf. Did he pay full price for it? Doubt it....hence a bit like the 'tex forum across the big pond.

Fair play to JKM...if they like their products and think it will sell then why not. At least it gives their  customers even wider choice of products to choose from and mix and match. Chris aka WhiteGTI for instance uses APR TBE with Revo map! And DomT uses Revo map with APR HPFP!

At the end of the day....choice is good for the consumer. Be bloody boring if it there was just one offering in the marketplace for a product!
So well done to JKM  :happy2:

Don't you just love forums....all that I will say as previously was that there's nothing wrong in either products....they're both similar and have proven track records and both are used in Motorsport here, US and no doubt Europe.
The reality is that most of us go to people we know and trust and have faith in and most importantly know their business and want the best for their car's. We also want different things out of car's hence different choices on mods.

Years ago back in the eighties when I started building Golf's there were only a few places to go to buy properly engineered fast Golf or Jetta and that was GTI Engineering, Brian Rickett's when he brke away and formed BR Motorsport, Autocavan and later Tim Stiles. I have worked with all their experince on Golf's over the years sadly many have now gone.
Yep I've had some amazing car's in my time some of which you may have known my old white MK2 Golf GTI 16V for many years it was one of the quickest valver's on track regularly seen spitting flames at various circuit's and featured in VW/Audi car by Peter Noad and later Neil Birkett...it was a genuine 200bhp 16v built almost to slick 50 spec but still used everday and the beauty was that it looked stock. The car was carefully built by 'engineers' from the old Tim Stiles racing the people that built 4 championschip winning cars in the 90's.

Onto my MKIV yep it was APR Stage 3+ and it was built for track and road. It was the first one doneby Awesome and if it please some people I did get a reasonably good deal but there again I still spent alot in other areas to cope with the power and what I wanted out of the car. Suffice to say I bought the kit on it's engineered reputation. Good though the car was when finished in my oppinion it isn't a patch on the MK5 as we all now the chassis has moved on. The car was rebuilt heavily using massively uprated internals again done by friends of mine who have a vast experience of building race winning cars. Last year it was head to head at Combe with the Miltek R8 piloted by our friend Mr Hollamby who was quite surprised as we entered Avon Rise at 145 side by side!!  
Jim whom some of you know at Awesome was helpful throughout and yes we did come across a few issues along the way but in all the APR kit did the biz and I was pleased with it.....expensive it is but when I looked at the Sportec and MTM options it was a good deal. APR at the time wanted to break into the UK market with their stage 3 kits hence I was the guinea pig.

I'm glad JKM are APR dealer's as said it offers choice. I for one am starting out but I'm sure when finished it will be a 'proper' car.
I'm at Combe competing with the RS boys this Saturday so hopefully my stand in mods will suffice....this is a really good well driven day with proper track manners and is one of the best trackdays of the year with many different marques out on track.

I hope this forum won't get like Club GTI as most people seem to doing the right thing and debating the best way forward which is what it's all about.

Sorry about the spelling mistake.....I hate typing at the best of times!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:19:26 am by Msportman »