Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got pulled over by the Babylon!  (Read 10536 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Just got pulled over by the Babylon!
« on: December 14, 2012, 09:24:35 pm »

I just got pulled over! I overtook a bloke doing 20 in a 40, and this black Land Rover Discovery put the blues and two's on. I pulled over, and he pulled up alongside me and launched into a tirade of abuse. Didn't even look like old bill. Told me to "slow down, ya driving like a f*ckin' c*nt", and then drove off!.

Modern policing: Not exactly a scene from Dixon of Dock Green!

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
Re: Just got pulled over by the Babylon!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:42:56 pm »
Sound a bit dodgy to me - sure it was the plod?

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 09:49:52 pm »
Sound a bit dodgy to me - sure it was the plod?

He didn't look or behave like one. I wouldn't be surprised if it was some oik delivering it who fancied a power-trip. It was brand spanking new, with blues and two's in the front grill.

Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline sub39h

• Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 09:52:34 pm »
did you get a note of the reg number? i'd mention it to your local police station
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »
If it was plod I wouldn't report it, as you'll just get slapped with a Section 59, as he sounds a right powertripper, and there's sod all you can do about those 59's.

It's a hard pill to swallow being spoken to like that though, it gets the blood boiling for sure :fighting:

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 10:02:25 pm »
Where was this as I saw a black discovery pull someone over in front of me tonight !

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 10:05:55 pm »
did you get a note of the reg number? i'd mention it to your local police station

TBH, I was just relieved when he drove off without doing anything, but after he'd gone I was a bit angry about the way he spoke to me.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Thank You
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 10:07:13 pm »
Where was this as I saw a black discovery pull someone over in front of me tonight !
Pulled in Old Woking. The overtaking took place on the road between Old Woking & Send, Surrey

Offline dan1985

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 11
    • Durham Collective
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 07:24:34 am »
Pulled in Old Woking. The overtaking took place on the road between Old Woking & Send, Surrey

Completely not related but my driveshaft came off going down that roads few weeks ago

www.durhamcollective.co.uk  
North East VAG Owners Club

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:47:15 am »
I was got got pulled by an off duty bobby in a disco! Best thing is he was wearing an FBI baseball cap :signLOL: I came out of a car park through wrong exit.
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2012, 02:25:48 pm »
Will have to keep an eye out for that Ian. Thanks for the heads up

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2012, 03:09:52 pm »

Completely not related but my driveshaft came off going down that roads few weeks ago

I know it's not funny but I did laugh  :signLOL:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 03:13:32 pm »
This can't be the Police Ian, surely?! Regardless of what anyone thinks of Police, this is quite a new level of unprofessional behavior.

Not forgetting the fact that they're very much result driven, whenever the Police commit to pulling a vehicle over, they will absolutely go over the basics on the driver and the vehicle without doubt.

If he thought you were even slightly driving too quickly for the situation or using excess speed, he'd have checked your license, insurance, tax, MOT, tyres (ANPR will do the majority of that) while ensuring that you didn't smell of alcohol, that you don't use or supply drugs (any ANPR markers will also do this) and conversate with you to find out why you were driving in that manner (justified or not) etc etc...

Winding the window down, calling you F's and blimes' and speeding off just simply isn't today's Police  :grin: Even if they had a higher priority call come through on the radio as they lit you up, surely they'd have driven off before winding the window down or stopped, explained, politely warned you then dashed off (?)  :confused:

More like travelers with a set of strobes I'd say...
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 10:26:20 pm »
Sorry to be blunt but its an offence to swear at in the vicinity of a police officer, he swore at you!! very professional, were you going more than 40?, he would have well and truly got told to f*%k right off there and then!, probably not the best option but I always say "Treat others as you would expect to be treated yourself" "an Eye for an Eye".

:signLOL:

Years back I had some guy try to "Pull me over" coming through Ashton in my Sapphire Cossie (back in't day  :grin:), flashed some blue lights at me, ignored the mook and pulled up outside the police station in Ashton and he shot off, unless it's a marked car I would happily drive to a police station as anypone who shops at Halfrauds can stick some blue lights behind their grille  :happy2:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:29:42 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 12:09:37 am »
Pete, seriously I would have thought exactly the same as you. However during the summer I got pulled over doing, lets say rather more than the national speed limit. As I pulled over all I could think of was that I'll probably lose my licence. But I basically got a bollocking. There was no professionalism about it, but at the same time I almost had more respect for that than a calm, measured, by-the-book approach.