Make a donation

Author Topic: Just got pulled over by the Babylon!  (Read 10546 times)

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: Just got pulled over by the Babylon!
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 05:19:41 pm »
Ive been collared by a blacked out Disco on the way back from Chelsea. Just lit me up and took over me and put his LED matrix sign on in the back of the car.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 05:24:25 pm »
Unlikely you outran a Police Motorcyclist , but a good story  :happy2:
#
I am pretty sure a YZR1000 would quite easily outrun a police BMW load lugger  :signLOL:

You would be very surprsed , the quality of the rider has a great deal to do with it , unless you are talking about on a motorway where any **** can ride fast in a straight line . Also the one that is behind (Police) is always looking forward , the pursued is not  :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline garrardrj

• Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2012, 05:27:51 pm »
Ive been collared by a blacked out Disco on the way back from Chelsea. Just lit me up and took over me and put his LED matrix sign on in the back of the car.

Has guns on board too :rolleye:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2012, 05:28:42 pm »
No offence but anyone half decent on that bike would leave the chunky BMW for dead, I know the police riders are well trained but they dont corner that well and they are not that quick, they are built to cruise the motorways and carry stuff not to catch hoons on superbikes, I very much doubt he would be looking backwards, possibly upwards when the BMW loses him and calls for a heli  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:32:54 pm by Tamiyoman »
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »

There are alot of unmarked cars about equipped with blue lights inside the grill . Most are never meant to deal with anything to do with motoring offences . Officers generally in plain clothes . They can't beat a bit of fun and worrying those who all of a sudden see the blue lights after arsing about . Hence why you won't get a ticket or similar , they haven't got any and would be chastised for going any further than a boll*cking .

....I was about to post the same. A mate of mine is in the military and used to drive an unmarked Range Rover (he's now training other drivers AFAIK) with bullet-proof glass and blues etc, including a tannoy (no, it was never used to say anything when passing hot girlies on the pavement *cough*). He was on constant call as driver if an emergency such as terrorist attack or uber VIP transport protection. He once txt'd me to say he'd seen me travelling south on the A3 at 14.27hrs (or similarly accurate!). When I told him that in spite of knowing his vehicle and plate, I didn't see him, he said "You're not supposed to see me, Robin".

But I digress. There's no justification in speaking such language even if the guy is thinking it - Very unprofessional.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:42:43 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Pirelli Paul

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2012, 03:20:42 pm »
Unlikely you outran a Police Motorcyclist , but a good story  :happy2:

At the time the police in the Hertfordshire were riding Wankel Norton's and Boxer BMW's, The Yamaha FZR 1000 EXUP was the state of art piece of kit and would of pretty much seen a clean pair of heels to anything that was allowed on the road at the time. In fairness to the policeman on the BMW he would most likely of caught me on the same bike and may well of been a better rider but he might as well of been on foot as trying to catch me on the bike he was on that night. But what I was trying to say was this guy never arrested me or swore at me but was just calm and cool and told me a few words that made me feel like the complete idiot I was that night and I respected him for that and it slowed me down more than if he would of thrown the book at me.

In life we come across people who feel they have the right to demand respect due to there jobs or position etc. but at the same time there are others in the same position who earn it and they are the only ones who get respect and that policeman 20+ years ago got mine.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »
TBF bud, regardless of how much of a **** the 'copper' may or not have been it beats getting points, a fine, loosing your license etc etc etc... & im speaking from expirience here lol.

I woulda took all the abuse in the world if I was given the chance lol!

:happy2:

Offline Tamiyoman

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 39
  • Prev car - Candy DSG ED30 No. 2235
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 03:33:39 pm »
TBF bud, regardless of how much of a **** the 'copper' may or not have been it beats getting points, a fine, loosing your license etc etc etc... & im speaking from expirience here lol.

I woulda took all the abuse in the world if I was given the chance lol!

:happy2:

From the OP's original post it does not seem he was actually breaking any law other than overtaking  a dawdler?
MK7 Golf R, Pure White 3Dr DSG, Had since 10/06/14

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 03:39:27 pm »

From the OP's original post it does not seem he was actually breaking any law other than overtaking  a dawdler?
[/quote]

Hmmm Granted... In that case march down the station and complain... I'd still rather take the bollocking despite how unprofessional it may of been, im sure the copper will just argue that it was dangerous driving if it came to it and then who are they gonna believe him or the law?

wrong I know but this is how the world works sadly :(

-Coppers like this that sadly tarnish the majority!!!

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2012, 06:30:01 pm »
I received a S59 for overtaking a dawdler, and it was reported by the dawdler!  The dawdler was an off duty copper.

I know you think I must have been doing Mach2 tearing up the street, but in all honesty I just licked it past him after being frustrated at < 25mph indicated.

The crazy thing was, that 2 other people overtook him before me, but I made the mistake of actually slowing back down after the safe overtake.  This gave him enough time to speed up (yes, I know) match my speed and take my number; why do I know this? Because he knocked on my door later that evening (in uniform) explaining that he was giving me a Section 59.

I didn't even know what a Section 59 was until that point.  He wasn't rude at all, and I was polite, but I did point out he was driving under the speed limit and others felt it necessary to overtake him too, I could tell he felt almost embarrassed, he seemed new to the job and I had the feeling he was trying to stack up some brownie points by issuing this thing.  He still issued it though.

Moral of the story, the Section 59 law is abhorrent and open to misuse... the copper becomes judge, jury and executioner - you are guilty and that's that. 
It feels so unlawful, but isn't, so what can you do?

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2012, 06:50:26 pm »
I received a S59 for overtaking a dawdler, and it was reported by the dawdler!  The dawdler was an off duty copper.

I know you think I must have been doing Mach2 tearing up the street, but in all honesty I just licked it past him after being frustrated at < 25mph indicated.

The crazy thing was, that 2 other people overtook him before me, but I made the mistake of actually slowing back down after the safe overtake.  This gave him enough time to speed up (yes, I know) match my speed and take my number; why do I know this? Because he knocked on my door later that evening (in uniform) explaining that he was giving me a Section 59.

I didn't even know what a Section 59 was until that point.  He wasn't rude at all, and I was polite, but I did point out he was driving under the speed limit and others felt it necessary to overtake him too, I could tell he felt almost embarrassed, he seemed new to the job and I had the feeling he was trying to stack up some brownie points by issuing this thing.  He still issued it though.

Moral of the story, the Section 59 law is abhorrent and open to misuse... the copper becomes judge, jury and executioner - you are guilty and that's that. 
It feels so unlawful, but isn't, so what can you do?

Sounds about right!!

Never had one myself, but im pretty confident in saying that the Section 59's go on the car not you as a driver... still got the same motor? cos if not your safe.... Bit of a stitch up for 2nd hand buyers mind you as its a 2 strike rule lol!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2012, 07:19:46 pm »

Never had one myself, but im pretty confident in saying that the Section 59's go on the car not you as a driver... still got the same motor? cos if not your safe.... Bit of a stitch up for 2nd hand buyers mind you as its a 2 strike rule lol!

....So does something happen immediately after the 2nd strike or when you get a 3rd strike?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:29:49 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »
The "something" is your car gets taken away, not for depounding either... to be crushed!

Look it up its quite an interesting read, Im a psychiatric nurse and subsequently work closely with the local police - the traffic officer explained it to me in detail once.

Offline zerolag

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 13
  • Ass of Ennis
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 07:29:21 pm »
The "something" is your car gets taken away, not for depounding either... to be crushed!

Look it up its quite an interesting read, Im a psychiatric nurse and subsequently work closely with the local police - the traffic officer explained it to me in detail once.

Not quite.

If your caught again (essentially Stage 2) of the S59, it goes to the pound, where you can have it released for X dollars (circa £200 I think), you then go back to (Stage 1) of the S59.

If you don't pay the release money it gets crushed.

The S59 lasts 12 months.  Probably recurring if you get to Stage 2.

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 07:32:29 pm »
sounds like you have some expirience in this field ;) lol...

The copper obviously laid it on a bit thick to me - Clearly he knows what my drivings like  :driver: