Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG qwerks??  (Read 1180 times)

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
DSG qwerks??
« on: December 16, 2012, 11:33:43 am »
Hi guys  Ian hoping that someone will be able to help me here... Basically I would like to know if the two symptoms I've noticed are normal?

When I am driving at low speeds in M mode but in a gear slightly too high for that speed ie around 1600rpm and I decide to drop a gear without depressing the accelerator I feel the car being pulled back for 0.5-1 second before pulling strongly, is this normal?

Secondly, again at low speeds but in D mode when I drop into S mode and depress the accelerator to over take for example, I get massive kick down which is way too violent for my liking and really slows my progress initially, is this right?
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade

Offline sub39h

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 189
  • -Receive: 84
Re: DSG qwerks??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 11:47:21 am »
when did you last have your fluid changed and what year is your car

Hi guys  Ian hoping that someone will be able to help me here... Basically I would like to know if the two symptoms I've noticed are normal?

When I am driving at low speeds in M mode but in a gear slightly too high for that speed ie around 1600rpm and I decide to drop a gear without depressing the accelerator I feel the car being pulled back for 0.5-1 second before pulling strongly, is this normal?

that sounds like it may be caused by turbo lag and is probably normal

Secondly, again at low speeds but in D mode when I drop into S mode and depress the accelerator to over take for example, I get massive kick down which is way too violent for my liking and really slows my progress initially, is this right?

i would advise against using the kickdown feature as it is dim witted. this is probably normal again, but reset your DSG using the guide to see if it makes things better
2006 Phantom Black A3 2.0T S-Line
DSG | Rear Parking Sensors | MFSW | BOSE | Auto lights/wipers | Half leather
MODS : '09 tail lights | TT vents | Bilstein B14 | RNS-E 2010 | AMI | AKS Tuning custom CAI | Titanium BBS VZs | NQS BBK | WALK | Autotech RARB | Bluemotion aero | Blueflame TBE | Autotech HPFP | MY11 Wing Mirrors | Bluetooth | S3 Intercooler
PLANS: Stage 2+

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 12:41:02 pm »
Hi guys  Ian hoping that someone will be able to help me here... Basically I would like to know if the two symptoms I've noticed are normal?

YES.... the speed on the gear change also depend on throttle position. If you are 'coasting' with minimal throttle then youll get a slow change as you describe. If you plant the throttle and then change gear, it will do so more rapidly.

Yes... S mode IMO is crap, I avoid using it.

Offline chris s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 01:12:09 pm »
Good to know about the shift speed being in relation to the throttle pedal angle
Candy White Edition 30 DSG
Revo Stage 2+
ITG, BCS TBE, Autotech HPFP
WALK
R32 Brake upgrade
S3 IC upgrade