Make a donation

Author Topic: Best Pressure Washer For Your Car  (Read 3927 times)

Offline monte

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
Re: Best Pressure Washer For Your Car
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 07:58:57 am »
If you are buying from eBay there are loads to choose from. Trouble is all the good prices are often refurb washers with a very short warranty. 1-3 mths.

However, I managed to find one that came with a 1yr warranty and the guy that dealt with these refurbs lived only 10miles away. I met him, and he was a real nice bloke. He sold me a unit that had been returned because a lady had cross threaded the valve that the hose attaches to. It had never been used, it was still brand new.
He simply replaced the valve and I bought a 3.15 for £80 with 1yr warranty.  :happy2:

One bit of advice is try to keep said valve well lubed. It's so easy to cross thread the plastic threads on the machine when attaching the hose.  :wink:

Offline john87

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 53
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:00:59 am »
I had a karcher 3.99m, great washer with excellent pressure...however it suffered frost damage and I replaced it with a Nilfisk C120.something, which is just as good if not better. ok, I miss the vario lance, but the nilfisk has a better flow rate (better snow foam results) and has a metal screw fitting for the HP hose  :happy2:
VCDS Hex-USB +CAN (Central Scotland)

Offline ripmateyy

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 25, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »
Nilfisk C125 (125bar) with loads of attachments is only £99.99 at Argos!