Make a donation

Author Topic: Speakers not working on drivers door help appriceated  (Read 1892 times)

Offline v4rley

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 104
Speakers not working on drivers door help appriceated
« on: December 15, 2012, 10:13:42 pm »
As title both speakers on drivers door not working,

Have had both front door cards of to install new puddle lights and have refitted the door cards and now neither of the drivers work, passengers still work fine. I don't have VCDS to do a scan. Have take the card back of to check everything an cannot see anything to hint what wrong.

Thanks in advance for you help  :happy2:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=s6dgrndtp67jhfr0eu14sqa8rd&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Speakers not working on drivers door help appriceated
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 12:58:23 am »
Must be a loose connection.... check again.

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:20:21 am »
Must be a loose connection.... check again.

Yeah need to have a good look in the daylight. Not really sure where to look as haven't really moved much. Have checked speakers using connection from other door. Will see how I get on tomorrow finger crossed

Offline v4rley

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 10:38:23 am »
Update: have just been checking the wires for the speakers and whilst looking at the loom that goes through the rubber sleeve and connects onto the body of the car I have found a dangling brown with black stipe wire. Have traced it back through spaghetti junction and it leads to the distribution thingy on the door for the speakers.

Now I just need to work out how to remove the pin from the connection block and get a new wire  :happy2: