Make a donation

Author Topic: autocad help  (Read 576 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
autocad help
« on: December 16, 2012, 03:46:04 pm »
anyone use it? ive started learning (this morning) as the guy who does drawings for me is on holiday and i need some plans for tomorrow. ive managed to draw everything i need but now im trying to print or save as pdf...cant do either:

1 - when printing firstly it comes out in black and white, and secondly is not printing the whole page, seems to print only a specific zoomed area, no matter where my view is

2 - pdf does the same, when opening file in preview its black and white and zoomed to area, not whole page

im using MPB with lion and autocad 2013.

could anyone help me, perhaps i could email you the file and you could save a colour pdf for me? thanks in advance.

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
Re: autocad help
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 04:30:10 pm »
anyone use it? ive started learning (this morning) as the guy who does drawings for me is on holiday and i need some plans for tomorrow. ive managed to draw everything i need but now im trying to print or save as pdf...cant do either:

1 - when printing firstly it comes out in black and white, and secondly is not printing the whole page, seems to print only a specific zoomed area, no matter where my view is

2 - pdf does the same, when opening file in preview its black and white and zoomed to area, not whole page

im using MPB with lion and autocad 2013.

could anyone help me, perhaps i could email you the file and you could save a colour pdf for me? thanks in advance.

1. you can change the colours of the lines though the layers dropdown menu (to change every line on that layer), or select the lines you want as different colours and change them on the dropdown colour menu (you can double click a line to bring uop a quick properties box then select all the lines to change colour and use the dropdown menu in properties box).
or it could be you printer setting, set to black and white.
to print a whole drawing. when in the printer dialog screen. select window from the options of what to print and then highlight the components on the drawing (it will print everything in the window you selected, so select just past the drawing components you need and not a mile past). once you've selected it will pop back to the printer dialog screen and you can set the scale or fit to page, then preview it before printing.

2. to get it to a pdf would be the same for print but select the printer as print to pdf.

hope this helps

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 04:51:44 pm »
i tried the window print option, its still printing just one zoomed area and not the whole thing...

the colours are fine when im viewing the document so dont think theres anything that needs changing with layers. it just comes out B&W when printing, the printer setting are are all ok, that whole plotting area is quite confusing though.

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 05:10:24 pm »
nevermind, fixed it! thanks for your help you steered me in the right direction!

Offline beetie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 34
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 06:25:57 pm »
 :happy2: