Make a donation

Author Topic: VW extended warranty  (Read 2960 times)

Offline Jussa

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
VW extended warranty
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:47:19 pm »
Does anybody know the monthly cost VW asks for the extended warranty VW offers when your first 3 years (as a new car) are up??
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: VW extended warranty
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 09:26:58 pm »
Cant give you an answer just now, but my extended warranty runs out mid january, so i've just got my paperwork out to give them a ring tomorrow to look at extending it.

Looking for the All component with no excess, will report back  :happy2:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:48 pm »
Cant give you an answer just now, but my extended warranty runs out mid january, so i've just got my paperwork out to give them a ring tomorrow to look at extending it.

Looking for the All component with no excess, will report back  :happy2:

Offline AaronMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 09:50:57 pm »
Also looking to renew mine, but the car was on a VW Used Warranty, so just want to see what they can offer. Will ring them this week and query it!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:12 am »
Thanks guys, was just offered the extended warranty now the Audi at £21.41 a month - not sure if that's expensive  :confused:
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 03:03:55 pm »
Conatcted them today - they have offered a comprehensive warranty with 0 excess for £326 for 12mths, i was hoping for cheaper at this time of year, unsure of whether it worth the money as i have already had the DSG box done a few months ago.

Any thoughts?

Nasir

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »
Conatcted them today - they have offered a comprehensive warranty with 0 excess for £326 for 12mths, i was hoping for cheaper at this time of year, unsure of whether it worth the money as i have already had the DSG box done a few months ago.

Any thoughts?

Fingers crossed for you but I can't see something worth £326 going wrong. Not a bad price though if it covers the turbo as well.

Offline AaronMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2012, 08:26:26 pm »
I had a quote of 299 for comprehensive with a 250 excess.. seems the prices are a bit hit and miss..

Might see what they can do me as I work for VW too..

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2012, 08:47:52 pm »
They have posted me the quote and given me a breakdown of options with different excess, seems my £326 aint too bad, but would i get value from it, i cant decide at all.  :confused:

Offline Beddie

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 76
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2012, 09:06:44 pm »
Mine was £290 for the comprehensive cover with £0 xs and VW assistance  :smiley:

I pay mine monthly, that way i can cancel should i get rid of the car (assuming i haven't claimed in that year) and as it auto renews year on year the price remains the same even though the car is a year older/higher miles  :happy2:

Like any insurance policy its a gamble, but at £95 + vat an hour for labour and £75 to plug in VCDS at the dealers it'd soon pay for itself with even a minor fault imo...

Tornado Red ED30 : Number 1644 - Gone

Carbon Grey Edition 35 - Here

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2012, 01:18:20 am »
Having used to work for vw as a service advisor and dealing with warranty all the time...I thought I'd give my 2 pence worth

Its a great cover but don't expect things to move smooth, once they have your money they do try there up most totry and decline a warranty claim,vw dealer have to send a mannual case to vw warranty,  they go over it all with a tooth comb and any reason to reject they will,  they don't like paying out and will do there most not too, as per most warranty companies

My advice is to pick a good dealer that follows The book...hard to find now as most stealers couldn't give a sh*t,  when you have a good dealer things should be ok, I won't buy a warranty from them ever and will never return to a vw dealer being I used to work there I know how they work and customer service (there service promise being a big part) is a massive lie in my opinion,  there absolute assholes.. tell a lie cus anal with a bird is a wish  :signLOL:  so assholes will be a compliment! 
Just pick a good dealer and follow the book as they will wiggle

If anyone needs any advice/help I'll be happy too  :happy2:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2012, 11:59:10 am »
^^^That's fairly shocking, although I think there are some very good main dealers out there too.

My local dealer is totally straightup, although they realise I have a bit of a clue. I use them mainly to buy parts and have work done that I can't do myself. However I can't help feeling a lot of them must take advantage of folks who don't have a clue about their car.

Also they have a lovely selection of confectionery beside the coffee machine...I scoffed a Picnic bar last time I was there whilst getting a brake fluid change for £40. :smiley:
'07 Red manual

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2012, 02:33:47 pm »
Yes I can't help feeling that too, they will try all they can try, despite what any business says about customer service being the most important part it really isn't,  all revolves around profit!
I wont use dealers anymore since my shafting with a failed cam follower,  gone the days where a car with a full dealer history was a massive plus, now it's a concern!!

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »
Yes I can't help feeling that too, they will try all they can try, despite what any business says about customer service being the most important part it really isn't,  all revolves around profit!
I wont use dealers anymore since my shafting with a failed cam follower,  gone the days where a car with a full dealer history was a massive plus, now it's a concern!!

So the visit back to the dealer about your own car jack has not gone well?

I feel quite fortunate that i get on pretty well with my local dealer, another reason why im giving further consideration to extend the warranty, as Beddie has said after a few visits with any issues it has hopefully paid for itself. Will give the info a read through over the christmas break and decide.   :confused:

Offline AaronMc

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2012, 04:41:36 pm »
Might pay mine monthly too if they don't add too much interest.. Or do they add any at all?

I'd rather have that piece of mind even being a VW Tech myself..