Make a donation

Poll

What in your opion is better a dump valve or recirculating?

Dump
0 (0%)
Recirculating
4 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Author Topic: Dump valve or recirculating valve ?  (Read 1348 times)

Offline curtisgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Dump valve or recirculating valve ?
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:43:57 am »
Trying to make my mind up..

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Dump valve or recirculating valve ?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 11:12:34 am »

It depends entirely on what car you drive. You don't say what your car is, although your forum name could be a hint - But GTI Mk4, Mk5, Mk2?

The 2.0T FSI engine doesn't have a dump valve, it has a recirculating valve. A recirculating valve is more efficient and is VAG's redesign.

If you are asking about which is "better" for performance, it's a no-brainer: Recirculating.

If you are asking about which is "better" for anything else, the dump's noise is not considered cool nowadays - At least not among this forum's community.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 11:14:49 am by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 11:49:53 am »

It depends entirely on what car you drive. You don't say what your car is, although your forum name could be a hint - But GTI Mk4, Mk5, Mk2?

The 2.0T FSI engine doesn't have a dump valve, it has a recirculating valve. A recirculating valve is more efficient and is VAG's redesign.

If you are asking about which is "better" for performance, it's a no-brainer: Recirculating.

If you are asking about which is "better" for anything else, the dump's noise is not considered cool nowadays - At least not among this forum's community.

I like chatter ... hate dump ! ... Altho mines makes quite alot of noise with the itg and forge recirculating valve I do enjoy it but could be a little more discreet ! :laugh:

Offline curtisgti

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:04:47 pm »
I have a mk5 pal I really need to update my profile but haven't had time as of yet, and thanks for the answer!

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »

I like chatter ... hate dump ! ... Altho mines makes quite alot of noise with the itg and forge recirculating valve I do enjoy it but could be a little more discreet ! :laugh:

....The normal Forge DV isn't noisy but the ITG, although a high performer, is one of the noisiest intakes according to most reports.

I run a Forge DV and Forge Twintake and VWR/Vibratechnics engine mounts which tend to amplify engine bay sounds - Purrrrrrfect! Grrrrrrrfect! for my taste in sound.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline graeme

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 12:54:14 pm »
I am pretty much the same but swap the twintake with the itg and the  VWR/Vibratechnics engine mounts with the THS engine mounts
and the k03 with a k04 .... K03 was quite but the k04 produces a "suddd a a duooooo"  noise .... useful if you are wanting cars that are next to you look at the car and go wtf was that noise or scare grannies at the bus stop.  :laugh: