Make a donation

Author Topic: Advice needed - IP Cameras  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 12
    • Lone_Pars MK5 Diamond Black GTI
Re: Advice needed - IP Cameras
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 06:55:28 pm »

It does give peace of mind now that we've had our little boy six months ago as he has a tendency to pull blankets into his mouth so we can keep an eye on that without having to venture across the creaky landing waking them up, plus the second camera is good to give our little girl (3 and half) a gentle roasting if she is playing in her bedroom rather than going to sleep.  :fighting:  :grin:

That's where sleeping bags are useful. Do you take the blanket off him when you go to sleep?

Yep those grobag things are good.

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 07:09:03 pm »
I have no idea about today's baby monitors but 20 odd years ago they only made a couple of different kinds and although it never happened to us, heard of quite a few peeps would pick up signals from other similar machines from all around the neighbourhood and hear all sorts of shenanigans.

I don't know if its true but it always made me smile. :laugh:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 07:19:15 pm »
Why don't you have the baby in a cot in your bedroom with you? Both our babies (born 4 yrs apart) mostly slept in the same bed as us until they stopped breast feeding. I'm talking about babies here, not very young children.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 07:41:37 pm »
Yeah, they don't suggest you put babies in the same bed as yourself anymore!

Having said that they don't suggest you put your baby to sleep on his/her front, and we've always done that with our latest arrival. She won't sleep any other way!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 07:48:39 pm by andrewparker »

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 08:12:41 pm »

Having said that they don't suggest you put your baby to sleep on his/her front, and we've always done that with our latest arrival. She won't sleep any other way!

Our daughter had her own baby at the end of last year (1yr old on the 29th  :love:)  and the advice the health care professionals give nowadays is scary as hell and worried her a lot regarding was she doing the right thing. Luckily enough my wife (being a nurse) soon put them straight!  :grin:

When ours "kicked off" and they wouldn't settle they would be bought into our bed (anything for a quiet night), completely natural and all this mumbo jumbo handed out by "so called" experts is taking the joy out of it and leaving today's patents paranoid about every step they take. It's hard enough bringing up kids without being told how to do it by a person who read about it in a text book.

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 08:17:34 pm »
^^^^^ Totally agree. Ours is 4 in April and you do have to take what they say with a pinch of salt. Every child is different. We were the same, Zack would never sleep on his back, was eating baby rice probably about 2 months too early according to the advisors, but he was a hungry lad and its not done him any harm! Well other than turning him into a cheeky little shi..........!!!!!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 08:31:21 pm »

Our daughter had her own baby at the end of last year (1yr old on the 29th  :love:)  and the advice the health care professionals give nowadays is scary as hell and worried her a lot regarding was she doing the right thing. Luckily enough my wife (being a nurse) soon put them straight!  :grin:

When ours "kicked off" and they wouldn't settle they would be bought into our bed (anything for a quiet night), completely natural and all this mumbo jumbo handed out by "so called" experts is taking the joy out of it and leaving today's patents paranoid about every step they take. It's hard enough bringing up kids without being told how to do it by a person who read about it in a text book.

^^^^ Hear !! Hear !!  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

What the feck did parents do before all the so-called 'experts' started pontificating about what parents should and shouldn't do!?

You don't need a text book to learn what comes perfectly naturally and what is common sense. Does anyone need a text book to learn how to create babies in the first place?

'Experts' banging on about what a parent should or shouldn't do merely creates stress in the parents and particularly the mother - Not a good thing for babies. The whole process is better when stress free. Just ignore the experts and do what feels natural to you as parents.  

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 08:33:47 pm »

^^^^^ Totally agree. Ours is 4 in April and you do have to take what they say with a pinch of salt. Every child is different. We were the same, Zack would never sleep on his back, was eating baby rice probably about 2 months too early according to the advisors, but he was a hungry lad and its not done him any harm! Well other than turning him into a cheeky little shi..........!!!!!

....That's because he takes after you, mate! - It's in his genes  :laugh:

I agree - Every child is different and so are the parents.  :happy2:

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 10:13:48 pm »
^^^^ This is true!!

Offline Boothy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 32
  • All donations accepted, thanks.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2012, 04:11:14 pm »
We've got a set of these which are quite handy

http://www.babymonitorsdirect.co.uk/products/380/Motorola-MBP28-Digital-Baby-Monitor-with-2-Cameras-.html

Had a BT 150 with our daughter when she was a baby three years ago and it was fine when working but it packed up after 12 months. This Motorola one has two colour/night vision camera's, a colour base unit with decent range/battery, temperature read out, intercom, lullabies etc all for £75.00.

It does give peace of mind now that we've had our little boy six months ago as he has a tendency to pull blankets into his mouth so we can keep an eye on that without having to venture across the creaky landing waking them up, plus the second camera is good to give our little girl (3 and half) a gentle roasting if she is playing in her bedroom rather than going to sleep.  :fighting:  :grin:

I was a bit sceptical about the need for one before we had our boy but a total convert now, handy till they are about 18 months old IMO

They look really good value so may go for those.

As for keeping the baby in our room then yes, initially I will but I would rather it got used to being in a room on its own as soon as possible. A friend let their child sleep in the same bed as them for ages and now they are stuck as the child will not sleep unless it is in the same room. I spoke to my parents about this and they told me that I was in my own room within one week and I turned out ok....................i think.

Offline Lone_Par

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 04:30:43 pm »
Our wee one was punted into his own room after about 2 months, mainly because he outgrew his Moses basket. As for sleeping in our bed - didn't happen when he was small, very rarely now as well unless he's ill!