Make a donation

Author Topic: Forum downtime  (Read 2367 times)

Offline pipston

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
Re: Forum downtime
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 09:17:02 pm »
Moved to random chat, not deemed important then. :surprised:

You posted it in the MK5 General area, need I say more??

Sure it's important, but who dies if YOU can't get on the forum!!  :confused: Get over it dude, no one has to answer to you or anyone if the server is having problems. What do you want, a refund??  :fighting2:

bit OTT, power trip...

Oh hell yeah, I'm drunk on the awesome power I yield!  :stupid:

Whatever, I just think you obviously feel very strongly about this subject as you reacted in quite a confrontational way to what seemed to be an observation of the sites performance. I'll speak for myself when say that I know this site is free (free to view, not to run), I enjoy coming here and the therefore make no assumptions about what I can expect in terms of reliability. I think it's logical that others feel the same.

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »
Moved to random chat, not deemed important then. :surprised:

You posted it in the MK5 General area, need I say more??

Sure it's important, but who dies if YOU can't get on the forum!!  :confused: Get over it dude, no one has to answer to you or anyone if the server is having problems. What do you want, a refund??  :fighting2:

bit OTT, power trip...

Oh hell yeah, I'm drunk on the awesome power I yield!  :stupid:

Whatever, I just think you obviously feel very strongly about this subject as you reacted in quite a confrontational way to what seemed to be an observation of the sites performance. I'll speak for myself when say that I know this site is free (free to view, not to run), I enjoy coming here and the therefore make no assumptions about what I can expect in terms of reliability. I think it's logical that others feel the same.

Of course I feel strongly about it, it's been a huge part of my life fro the last five years!!

And I make no apologies for being 'confrontational' as you put it, as apart from the investment to run this place, it also takes a huge chunk of our own lives to keep things 'enjoyable' and to keep the feel the forum has which in turn keeps you guys coming back!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »
^^^^
Nath, without sounding ungrateful for all the Admin team's efforts, isn't it about time that SteveP appointed his replacement on the IT side of running the site and that pressure was taken off the Admin team?  :smiley:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7eu36ro125bdel0k111kktvicf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 11:21:15 pm »
Im presuming that a suitable candidate hasn't been found Robin... ( only a guess)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 11:28:37 pm »
^^^^
Nath, without sounding ungrateful for all the Admin team's efforts, isn't it about time that SteveP appointed his replacement on the IT side of running the site and that pressure was taken off the Admin team?  :smiley:

I am sure he would do if possible, obviously the correct person has not come along yet.  :smiley:

As for the forum speed. It is slow at peak times, sometimes even not loading at all. We can only apologise for this as Steve is just to busy with his new job to spend time sorting this out at present. When all is said and done it is only a slight inconvenience and all you have to do is visit other sites for a while until less busy. If people are getting to frustrated with the page loading speed then perhaps they are relying to much on this forum for there entertainment and communication needs.  :rolleye:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 11:32:10 pm »
Red leader for PM!!  :popcornsoda:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=7eu36ro125bdel0k111kktvicf&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 11:33:32 pm »
^^^^

I am sure he would do if possible, obviously the correct person has not come along yet.  :smiley:

As for the forum speed. It is slow at peak times, sometimes even not loading at all. We can only apologise for this as Steve is just to busy with his new job to spend time sorting this out at present. When all is said and done it is only a slight inconvenience and all you have to do is visit other sites for a while until less busy. If people are getting to frustrated with the page loading speed then perhaps they are relying to much on this forum for there entertainment and communication needs.  :rolleye:

Dont know what you mean TC.

Laura.... if you read this can you put the kettle on please I'm gaggin for a brew... Ta.  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 11:40:32 pm »

If people are getting to frustrated with the page loading speed then perhaps they are relying to much on this forum for there entertainment and communication needs.  :rolleye:

....I've been rumbled - I suppose that my post count gives me away. Sad aren't I. But, yes, I only feel frustrated by it if I've just completed a carefully worded (and of course beautifully wordsmith'd) reply post to then find I can't post it. So my workaround is to copy it into TextEdit and post it later. Or to do as you suggest and go and do something else.

I think that it's natural for folks on the internet to expect all web sites to load instantly and efficiently and we are in a way spoilt.  :happy2:

Either way it is curable and just needs the appropriate person to step into SteveP's shoes and sort out a server.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 11:42:36 pm »

Laura.... if you read this can you put the kettle on please I'm gaggin for a brew... Ta.  :laugh:

.... :signLOL: :laugh: :signLOL:  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: