Make a donation

Author Topic: Cheapest mid - premium range tyres  (Read 2303 times)

Offline swgti

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 6
  • GTI owners are born not manufactured!
Re: Cheapest mid - premium range tyres
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 08:08:04 am »
Hankook Ventus V12's. Around £80 each from Camskill.

But that's £320, then you've got to pay for fitting, if you can find a fitter willing to fit new tyres they've not supplied? The OP  has only £250.

I'd look around for premium part worns with a good 5-6mm tread.

I was going to suggest the same about some part worn, might not be everyone's cup of tea as you cant totally guarantee exactly what condition they're in but in my eyes its no different to when you buy a 2nd hand car is it, the tyres are always used then.
I've manged to pick up some great premium brand tyres for the same price as budgets before.
Laser Blue 3dr No 209683, Leather, Monza II's and a few other goodies...........GONE but not forgotten......now in an A4 S-Line Avant 170tdi......god I miss the Gti.

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: Cheapest mid - premium range tyres
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 10:33:58 am »
Well I could do but the reason I'm wanting tyres is that I've just bought a new set of BBS's that I want to get on the car ASAP & I have 2 very nearly illegal tyre on my current OEM alloys which are a different size, so I don't wanna fork out on tyres for them when I'm going to be changing the alloys in the very near future anyway so I may Aswell buy the tyres I need got the BBS's

Catch 22 really!

I'd just put the balance on the credit card then! You'll be able to get Mich PS3's Goodyear F1's or Contin SC3's all in for 460-480.

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.