Make a donation

Author Topic: C63 AMG.  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Mk5 GTian

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 37
  • Wolfsburg - Probably the Best Cars in the World
Re: C63 AMG.
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

I love the coupe version. Much better looking and sounding than the M3. I've not driven both though, so which one I'd prefer (If I could afford either!) would come down to which was the best to drive.

Has anyone here driven both? (Coupe I mean, not saloon or wagon).

Fun Golf: 2016 mk7 R DSG 3 door. Work Golf: 2015 mk7 1.4 TSI GT ACT 5 door.
Gone but not forgotten : mk2 Golf GTI 16v, mk4 Golf V6 4Motion, mk5 GTI Storm Developments Stage 1, mk5 GTI Revo Stage 1, BMW 330ci, Skoda Octavia VRS Revo Stage 2, BMW Z4 Sdrive35i.

Offline JackG

• Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2012, 06:04:37 pm »
Merc have fixed price and I looked into the costs when I was going to purchase,  your be surprised how much brakes etc are, shocked me anyway,  Merc are nothing like bmw where they shaft people for having the badge, the fuel does that for you  :signLOL:

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2012, 06:12:21 pm »
Great car, my mate has one.

Only issue is that he says its impossible to control in the wet, especially accelerating!!
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection

Saintsteve

« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 06:22:40 pm »
Great car, my mate has one.

Only issue is that he says its impossible to control in the wet, especially accelerating!!

That's why a sorted Ed30 will keep on one of these cars tails on the motorway, as the Merc owner can't push it too much harder in fear on loosing control of it :signLOL:

awesome sound,just like a war time bomber :happy2:

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 08:46:36 pm »
We had one in for a little while at work.  Great engine and noise, but under 15mpg whenever i drove it, and when you weren't giving it beans, it felt just like a standard C class, nothing felt special about it, not like my RS4 or 911. I felt similarity underwhelmed with the C6 RS6.

Just my tuppence.....
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 08:49:40 pm »
We had one in for a little while at work.  Great engine and noise, but under 15mpg whenever i drove it, and when you weren't giving it beans, it felt just like a standard C class, nothing felt special about it, not like my RS4 or 911. I felt similarity underwhelmed with the C6 RS6.

Just my tuppence.....
Sure you weren't driving a normal C class?  The 63 is on a completely different Planet too RS4 and 911, there insanely fun to drive

Offline JackG

• Thank You
    • Distinct Detailing
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2012, 08:52:00 pm »

Just my tuppence.....
I'd say you were scared to drive it cus clarkson makes it look special for sure

Offline v2brett

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2012, 09:27:42 pm »
im very tempted by 1 of these at the min, i wouldnt do much mileage so fuel wouldnt hit too hard and i can get servicing done a for very reasonable price.
and the noise i suppose is 1 of the main reasons  :evilgrin: :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

Just have to decide wether or not to part with the Rs as its got low miles and id be going for a 4yo C63 with 40k ish on and my maintenance bills might go up
Still Here!

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 06:56:33 am »
We had one in for a little while at work.  Great engine and noise, but under 15mpg whenever i drove it, and when you weren't giving it beans, it felt just like a standard C class, nothing felt special about it, not like my RS4 or 911. I felt similarity underwhelmed with the C6 RS6.

Just my tuppence.....
Sure you weren't driving a normal C class?  The 63 is on a completely different Planet too RS4 and 911, there insanely fun to drive
Ummmmm, let me see, Yes 100% sure.  Its not a drivers car in my view, just a great lump of a fantastic engine in a saloon, that is all.  Ever driven a C6 RS6?  You'll know what I mean, very fast, but nothing to it, just point and squirt.  Whereas the RS4 and 911, just felt so much more special in every way, the whole experience was good whether just popping to te shops or going for a hoon.

Its lucky we are all different.......Whats your favourite car and why? - I suspect we like different cars for different reasons.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:07:45 am by Oli »

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 07:04:07 am »
We had one in for a little while at work.  Great engine and noise, but under 15mpg whenever i drove it, and when you weren't giving it beans, it felt just like a standard C class, nothing felt special about it, not like my RS4 or 911. I felt similarity underwhelmed with the C6 RS6.

Just my tuppence.....

Oh dear........have you driven one yourself.  Please don't use Clarkson to describe a car, the guy can only go sideways, which is what this car is bloody good at.  Clarkson left the team of good motoring journalists a long time ago......

I appreciate what it is, but it just doesn't do it for me in the way other cars do/have.  It might have a load more power than my old RS4 or 911, but its not all about power.........hence why I have a load of fun in my wife's 300bhp GTi at the moment!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 07:11:17 am by Oli »

Offline Raffe

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 08:57:21 am »
Power is nothing without control......

:chicken:

Offline Neiltdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 8
  • Full Hex+CAN
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 10:37:33 am »

Just my tuppence.....

That makes me want an M3
Full Hex+CAN in Hampshire.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 01:18:23 pm »
You can lease a C63 AMG on PCH for around £600 pcm.  :party:

Oof. Even less actually. Try costing the price on one on PCP, i think it would cost double.  :drool:

http://www.cars2vans.com/contract-hire/deals/mercedes-benz-c-class-coupe-17075.cfm
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 01:20:53 pm by Deako »

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2012, 05:38:48 pm »
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 05:42:45 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline Jussa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 23
  • -Receive: 12
  • Bicester
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2012, 06:42:20 pm »
Give me one of these any day of the week over the C63 AMG

http://www.evo.co.uk/front_website/gallery.php?id=553297
2010 3dr phantom black S-Tronic S3 - BCS TBE with 3½" DP - LOBA LO4xx turbo - LOBA HPFP - Revo CAI - H&R 25mm lowering springs - Forge 11mm spacers - RS4 fuel Pressure valve - THS intercooler - H&R front and rear ARB's - AEM water methanol injection