Make a donation

Author Topic: C63 AMG.  (Read 3795 times)

Offline JackG

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 31
  • aint nuttin to it but to do it.
    • Distinct Detailing
Re: C63 AMG.
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2012, 07:40:30 pm »
We had one in for a little while at work.  Great engine and noise, but under 15mpg whenever i drove it, and when you weren't giving it beans, it felt just like a standard C class, nothing felt special about it, not like my RS4 or 911. I felt similarity underwhelmed with the C6 RS6.

Just my tuppence.....
I'd say you were scared to drive it cus clarkson makes it look special for sure

Oh dear........have you driven one yourself.  Please don't use Clarkson to describe a car, the guy can only go sideways, which is what this car is bloody good at.  Clarkson left the team of good motoring journalists a long time ago......

I appreciate what it is, but it just doesn't do it for me in the way other cars do/have.  It might have a load more power than my old RS4 or 911, but its not all about power.........hence why I have a load of fun in my wife's 300bhp GTi at the moment!
Yes I was going to buy one, I'm not using clarkson to describe the car, just showing how it far far more fun than a RS4! The reason I didn't buy one is because generally there is nothing in it to 130 between that and my eddie,  I'd rather spend 4k on the golf and sort the difference out, I don't a massive V8 that sounds insane or a truly sexy car but I'll be 60k better off, I'd still have one for sure tho just not when the government is shafting US with fuel and tax etc

www.distinctdetailing.co.uk
visit website for current offers!

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2012, 07:44:16 pm »
Far more fun in what circumstances though? I do like them but they do kind of look like glorified dragsters! All these videos of massive power slides are all very well but that doesn't translate to everyday driving does it. I still wish BMW had made an E91 M3 Touring.

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2012, 09:10:31 pm »
"i was going to buy one but decided to keep my golf" :signLOL:
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline Oli

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 10
  • living the dream....
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2012, 09:44:16 pm »
"i was going to buy one but decided to keep my golf" :signLOL:

Every forum has one!!  :wink:
www.bmvs-camperhire.co.uk - Brand new VW California SE rental

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2012, 01:03:45 am »
I was going to buy a pagani but my TT is faster

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2012, 01:06:52 am »
The merc is all about the presence, noise, effortless grunt, the badge, the comfort. A motorway cruiser. I see the appeal in a non too serious way. I nearly bought one instead of the TTRS. If it wasn't all about performance for me, I would have has the merc instead. More car for your money. Got a c200 blue efficiency and that car is a pleasure to drive in the fact it's so relaxed and a nice place to sit inside.