Make a donation

Author Topic: A really strange problem, any ideas?  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Meallbhan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: A really strange problem, any ideas?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 03:43:59 pm »
Result. 

I went to Revo yesterday and they fixed my car free of charge.  My remap was still there and active but all the values had defaulted to zeros.  So 5 mins later my settings where put back in and the car is running like a dream once again.  The revo guy reckoned the settings were lost coz my battery was unplugged for quite a while, but it still confused him a bit.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who commented trying to help  :happy2:

Offline ell.s

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 07:57:12 pm »
Will this happen to all tuners maps or just the revo?

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 08:03:58 pm »
when i had the revo on my rs , they told me the sps was a must as the revo will default to the lowest settings if the battery is taken off

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 08:37:04 pm »
Did you go to Revo hq?
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook

Offline Meallbhan

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 09:49:00 pm »
when i had the revo on my rs , they told me the sps was a must as the revo will default to the lowest settings if the battery is taken off

According to my local revo guy, the sps box would have been no use if the settings defaulted on the map.  I argued that surely if the correct settings where stored in the box, you could plug it in and all would be back to normal.  This it seems isnt the case.  The sps box only switches between standard vw map and revo, or other settings if theyre programmed, but will not reprogram if setting are zeroed.

My local guy is one of the most helpful people I've ever met and have been back in to see him on various occasions for map tweeks etc.  By rights he could charge me each time and also for resetting my map the other day, but he never has and says he never will.  Although he's revo, he's obviously not wanting to rip me off with something he is constantly telling me I don't need, like an sps box. However I can see the need if you don't have a local revo guy and need to standardize things before a trip to vw etc.