Make a donation

Author Topic: 2007 MKV edition 30, 3 door, 53k miles  (Read 7324 times)

Offline ianv5

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 12
Re: 2007 MKV edition 30, 3 door, 53k miles
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2012, 08:42:23 am »
It looks like a lovely car, but the interior is certainly questionable, and I'm sure anyone looking for an Edition 30 will want all the things that differentiate it from a normal GTI. I take it you didn't realise the interior wasn't a usual Edition 30 interior when you bought it?

Minus the correct wheels and also the Golf badge on the back?

Offline Eddie-NL

• Trader - 2014
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 298
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,56721.0.html
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2012, 09:21:34 am »
how about a pic of the engine bay
Genuine VCDS VAG-COM HEX-USB + Genuine Vag Commander + Genuine VAG Tacho + Genuine VAG CAN PRO  + RNS Manager for Video in Motion and New Pin Code for RNS510

Cluster and Key coding

Location Great Yarmouth

Retrofits fitted by me see my members rides

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #32 on: December 27, 2012, 10:08:55 am »
It definitely takes petrol doesn't it?

Offline ConeKiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 10:09:37 am »
What is the VIN for the car?

I will check it at work against the reg, put peoples mind at rest, could be a cloned/stolen car...

PM me it if you dont want it put on a public forum  :happy2:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 10:32:52 am »
Before everyone gets to excited, lets just keep posts that are relevant to finding out what is going on here. I think it is fair to say that SLO3 Joe appears to be ignorant of what an Edition 30 properly looks like or he has the largest brass neck in the world, me thinks the former is correct.
Joe needs to first find out if it is even an Edition 30 or a standard GTI. If it is an Edition 30 he either has to adjust his advert and state what bits are not correct or turn the car back to a proper edition 30. I am not saying anyone is, but i dont see any point at having a laugh at his expense or telling him his price is to much, he clearly doesn't realise it has issues.

TC.  :happy2:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 10:45:03 am »
He paid £11,500 as it is. Someone got fleeced.

The only parts i can see that are genuinely from an Edition 30 are the steering wheel and the boot badge.

Id imagine that this car was stolen (stripped) recovered, but not recorded if it is indeed an Edition 30. (But thats speculation). An engine picture would put peoples mind at rest, however, its certainly worth no more than £8k as it is.

There are perfectly genuine Edition 30s around for £9k at the moment. So asking £11k+ for a car with all the defining features from an Edition 30 missing, is strange at best.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 10:45:43 am »
Before everyone gets to excited, lets just keep posts that are relevant to finding out what is going on here. I think it is fair to say that SLO3 Joe appears to be ignorant of what an Edition 30 properly looks like or he has the largest brass neck in the world, me thinks the former is correct.
Joe needs to first find out if it is even an Edition 30 or a standard GTI. If it is an Edition 30 he either has to adjust his advert and state what bits are not correct or turn the car back to a proper edition 30. I am not saying anyone is, but i dont see any point at having a laugh at his expense or telling him his price is to much, he clearly doesn't realise it has issues.

TC.  :happy2:

I have no idea how it cannot be an edition 30, as people have said people like the monzas more over the BBS alloys which is fair enough. It could even be the same with the seats, some people just don't like leather seats.

The fact it has a golf badge on back means nothing.. Anyone could stick a V8 badge on it, doesn't mean it's not an edition 30 because of it.

The front grill just has the edition part under the GTi missing, doesn't mean it's not an edition.

After all the trash talk on this thread I'm surprised I've even had any interest in it at all. But funny enough I have! Even the people interested have said they prefer the monzas to the BBS alloys.

If you dead certain it's not an edition, spend the money to hpi it. You'll soon see that your ignorance has cost you money, just because you think you know best..
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 10:48:00 am »

The only parts i can see that are genuinely from an Edition 30 are the steering wheel and the boot badge.

Id imagine that this car was stolen (stripped) recovered, but not recorded if it is indeed an Edition 30. (But thats speculation). An engine picture would put peoples mind at rest, however, its certainly worth no more than £8k as it is.

There are perfectly genuine Edition 30s around for £9k at the moment. So asking £11k+ for a car with all the defining features from an Edition 30 missing, is strange at best.

I looked at 5 editions, all of the paint work was shiat, leather bolster all worn. Non had the cam belt, water pump done and 3 of the 5 had bold front tyres.

Ok so I could put the BBS alloys on that would cost me £600 to do so, but why when most people change the wheels on the MKV golfs
2006, silver, 5 door, top spec, low miles MKV GTI for sale - looking for offers above 9k!

Joe.

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2012, 10:49:48 am »

I looked at 5 editions, all of the paint work was shiat, leather bolster all worn. Non had the cam belt, water pump done and 3 of the 5 had bold front tyres.

Ok so I could put the BBS alloys on that would cost me £600 to do so, but why when most people change the wheels on the MKV golfs

Whichever way you look at it Joe, its currently a GTI with an Edition 30 engine. The defining features that make a car an Edition 30 are missing. And they are the only difference apart from the log book and the engine.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6rhfrgdsk3hsipi71fb9lp3q87&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2012, 10:54:36 am »
I'm sure it is an edition 30 joe. But half the edition 30 spec is missing from it.

Would anyone buy a Pirelli edition with the wrong seats and trim in it?

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:07 am »

Whichever way you look at it Joe, its currently a GTI with an Edition 30 engine. The defining features that make a car an Edition 30 are missing. And they are the only difference apart from the log book and the engine.

Well it has the engine, door seals, steering wheel, rear badge.

So it doesn't have wheels or seats?

I think personally the quality of the paint work and car makes up for a little bit of leather on some seats and the BBS alloys which are very easy to get hold of and the new owner would change anyway..

Joe.

Offline SL03 JOE

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:03 am »
I'm sure it is an edition 30 joe. But half the edition 30 spec is missing from it.

Would anyone buy a Pirelli edition with the wrong seats and trim in it?

Well I understand what your saying about the Pirelli edition as it's alot different. I know I get it hasn't got leather on the seats or the wheels but as I said I think it's other qualitys make up for it.

Joe.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6rhfrgdsk3hsipi71fb9lp3q87&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2012, 10:57:56 am »
Fair point. Bit you cannot command 11.5k for it.... It's gonna cost £1000 for edition 30 seats,  £250 for missing trim and gearstick and £600 for ed30 bbs wheels.

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2012, 10:58:19 am »
I thought you sold your 135i (the last car) because of a terrible arm/shoulder injury that meant you needed an auto?

Much like when you were trying to blag owners on the babyBMW forum that some dodgy wheels you had for sale would fit a 1 series.

Much like your 400hp R32 that'd do 42mpg.

Do we need to go through the rest of your ads?

I'll give you this crisp £9 note for it....

« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 11:08:16 am by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2012, 11:01:17 am »
its a special edition car with half of the goodies missing...
no clean paintwork makes up for that imo...
wish you the very best with the sale joe.

ps..with other interior bits gone..that msfw would look better if i gave you a standard one and bought yours...
 :signLOL:
2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off