Offline Alltorque

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 0
Yatour
« on: January 02, 2013, 10:39:54 pm »
Ok folks,,,

No laughing if this sounds daft ,,,,but!!

I want to fit a yatour system in my golf and remove my cd changer,, sounds fairly simple yeh?

However I don't want to risk damaging my dash or trim when removing the head unit so,,  I want to fit it straight into the armrest where the cd changer sits and connect it to the lead that goes to the HU, thing is, doing it this way would require an adapter , like a double female adapter from the cd lead into adapter to the yatour, ( if that makes sense,).

Is there such a thing... Has anybody fitted a yatour system??

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=0c11s58q0rihrjivompt4kh22e&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: Yatour
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 10:43:27 pm »
Ohh,,,,,,

What have,,,,,,, we here!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 01:17:38 am »
N,o,,,w,e,,h,a,v,e,,n,e,v,e,r,,e,n,c,o,u,n,t,e,r,e,d,,a,,y,a,n,t,o,u,r,,s,y,s,t,e,m,,,,,

D,o,,y,o,u,,h,a,v,e,,a,n,y,,l,i,n,k,s,,,,,

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline monte

• Thank You
  • -Given: 116
  • -Receive: 134
  • Global Ruler
    • Deep-Shine Detail. Detailing-Wrapping-Tints. Lincoln.
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,67679.0.html
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:30 am »
Ok folks,,,

No laughing if this sounds daft ,,,,but!!

I want to fit a yatour system in my golf and remove my cd changer,, sounds fairly simple yeh?

However I don't want to risk damaging my dash or trim when removing the head unit so,,  I want to fit it straight into the armrest where the cd changer sits and connect it to the lead that goes to the HU, thing is, doing it this way would require an adapter , like a double female adapter from the cd lead into adapter to the yatour, ( if that makes sense,).

Is there such a thing... Has anybody fitted a yatour system??

,,,,,,,,,,, :laugh:

Offline apples12

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:32:52 am »
Lol

I had a yatour box fitted for a good long while before getting my Rns

You may be able to get away with installing it using the cable that uses the CD changer but chances are it won't work. Best bet is to remove the CD player and install it properly. Its really not difficult and unless our using a crow bar its quite difficult to damage trim!

It works quite well, just remember to ground the unit properly using the little black cable flying off the main harness otherwise youll have to go in twice!

:happy2:
MK6 GT TDI  - CW - LUX pack
GONE
MkV Golf 1.9TDI Sport in DBP, 160,000 miles and climbing!

Retrofits by me:GT front end,OEM bixenons with auto-levelling/washers, Valeo LED Rears, MFSW + Highline SWCM, Cruise Control, 30byte Highline CECM, Highline clocks, Rain/Light Sensor, Auto-dimming Rear view Mirror, RNS-510 LED (Ver H; SW: 4020), Fiscon Basic Bluetooth, MDI + Aux, Armrest, Reverse Camera LOW, TPMS..what next...