Make a donation

Author Topic: Import duties - Bold-Sport  (Read 2565 times)

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 11
  • ED30
    • Email
Import duties - Bold-Sport
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:11:16 pm »
Just whining  :signLOL:

I've ordered twice from Bold-Sport before and incurred no import duties at all and received a 'great' service.

I ordered a set of the chrome finish wing mirror controls, door controls, headlight switch & petrol cap switch.......oh and some new LED's and it's been sitting in Welwyn sorting office since the 22nd December. I also paid extra for 3-7 working day delivery!

I've just had a letter from Parcel Force World Wide ass-hole brigade requesting another £29.80 to get my goodies. And..........another £12.00 if I wanted them delivered at a weekend!??!??!

Seems excessive to say the least, anyone else had this? It also makes the extra £16.46 I paid for quick delivery a total waste too.

I know it's not the best time of year for post in general but this sucks the proverbial balls don't you think?!??

Moan over..............................

Offline MC71

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
Re: Import duties - Bold-Sport
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:21:49 pm »
Very annoying at any time. I buy a lot from that area and you might be lucky, you might not. I've never had items get pulled for Import Duty/Tax from Bold Sport but have on other goods. Usually if the seller has marked the item as a "Gift" and a cheap one at that it will usually get through but if the seller has been honest and written "car parts" then unfortunately Duty is due.

IICR Car parts (if they get pulled and checked) are eligible for Import Duty/Tax at 3.2% of the price of the goods and also 20% VAT. No duty is payable if the duty at 3.2% of the total price of goods is less than £9. So the amount you are paying is just VAT.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:35:31 pm by MC71 »

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline marko

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:27:10 pm »
same happened to me before christmas.dealt with them twice before and third time unlucky and was me biggest order at 170 dollars complete..
in fairness to boldsport,it was marked as a gift and undervalued to 75 dollars.cost me 18.50 euro to release..
well happy with all the stuff they sell
last thing i wanted was an r8 cap and reverse camera kit which will wait now... :signLOL:

2007 TR gt170...heated leather,underseat drawers,auto-levelling bi-xenons,puddle leds,chrome switches,footwell lights f+r,cruise control and ed30 rear lamps,LED interior....carbon highline clocks,ed30 front spoiler,RNS 510 P+MDI,mk6 gti gearknob,TPMS done,complete r32 trim kit+ MFSW,r32 f+r brakes,RLS fitted.headlamp washers,folding mirrors and boot pop,mk6 RVC,19"Helios,AP coilies,valeo LEDs  ...dpf delete and remap to finish off

Offline Baz300

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:00 pm »
Did they charge you local sales tax? If so ask for that back

It's a hit or miss with ordering from outside the EU I always factor import duties into the cost of everything I order from outside the EU

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:30:37 pm »
same happened to me before christmas.dealt with them twice before and third time unlucky and was me biggest order at 170 dollars complete..
in fairness to boldsport,it was marked as a gift and undervalued to 75 dollars.cost me 18.50 euro to release..
well happy with all the stuff they sell
last thing i wanted was an r8 cap and reverse camera kit which will wait now... :signLOL:

Well 2 outa 3's not bad  :signLOL:

But yeah always good service from them....................it's just HM Revenue & Customs that feel the need to rape us from time to time!

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:32:34 pm »
Did they charge you local sales tax? If so ask for that back

It's a hit or miss with ordering from outside the EU I always factor import duties into the cost of everything I order from outside the EU

It's purely Import VAT & clearance fee's...............which still doesn't make me any happier  :confused:

Offline Tortaruga

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 105
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:39:59 pm »
^^^HMR&C have done their job correctly. Do you feel you have some right to evade statutory taxes?
'07 Red manual

Offline scopes

• Thank You
  • -Given: 131
  • -Receive: 115
  • Wolfsburg Edition
    • My GTI
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,49748.0.html
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:43:52 pm »
Why is there a way to work out how much you should be charged tax
If it's not broke, Mod it.....

Silver is the way !

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:30 pm »
^^^HMR&C have done their job correctly. Do you feel you have some right to evade statutory taxes?

Today indeed I do, absolutely!  :happy2:

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 10:27:14 am »
In all honesty, the amount of tax and customs charges you have to pay make the savings of buying abroad next to negligible. What I hate more than that is that you're basically locked into Parcelforce charging you and delivering the item to you.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline trs888

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Receive: 20
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 07:54:26 pm »
In all honesty, the amount of tax and customs charges you have to pay make the savings of buying abroad next to negligible. What I hate more than that is that you're basically locked into Parcelforce charging you and delivering the item to you.

however, its not the only reason that we buy abroad, sometimes its because we cant find the things we want in the UK!

it is really hit and miss i agree. i think it also depends on courier. fed ex seems to usually charge where ups and parcel force sometimes do, sometimes dont.

i think we all get raped  :scared: anyway with enough tax like fuel tax and road tax for a start here to even it all out IMHO

Offline divweir

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 07:58:41 pm »
 :rolleye:tax  dodger. Just pay up
Sig to big.

Offline AndyED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • ED30
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 08:01:49 pm »
:rolleye:tax  dodger. Just pay up

:signLOL: I've got no bloody choice!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 08:21:10 pm »
however, its not the only reason that we buy abroad, sometimes its because we cant find the things we want in the UK!
Agreed. Particularly as my last purchase (see the purchase thread) wasn't available in the UK.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 194
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2012, 12:17:17 am »
I bought door warning lights from them and didnt get charged. I spent 40 quid in total. It could be the total amount of things you bought maybe added up more then a certain amount to be taxed.