Make a donation

Author Topic: One to avoid if your looking to buy a car!  (Read 7473 times)

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
Re: One to avoid if your looking to buy a car!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 06:52:39 pm »
Could have been worse, you could have gone to see that bent ED30 of Joes  :signLOL:

I've noticed a lot of photoshop being used in car ads of late, it's amazing how good something can look. One particular seller of very overpriced classics usually pictured on white backgrounds is very well known for 'shopping...
Sideways yo!

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 06:53:35 pm »
to be honest, i would prob see what stock you had nathan if i was buying another car or see if you could source one for a fee if you did not have that requested model coming up.
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 07:16:32 pm »

Could have been worse, you could have gone to see that bent ED30 of Joes  :signLOL:

I've noticed a lot of photoshop being used in car ads of late, it's amazing how good something can look. One particular seller of very overpriced classics usually pictured on white backgrounds is very well known for 'shopping...

....When I first read the thread title I thought it was going to be about Joe's er.... 'Ed30'.

I remember when some scumbag used a pic of one of a forum member's car (don't think it was this forum) to advertise a car on eBay.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=igb9n5eem2nk0o9fsins00a309&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »
Thats happened to my old car robin...

Mk5 TDI 1.9 breaking for parts... with a pic of my car on it...  :scared: :scared:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 07:19:04 pm »
Pre-March? Looks lovely in the pictures but as you say a complete lack of indifference and the car not as advertised would have me on my toes as well.

It was bud yeh, ticked all the boxes going by the ad!

I can see now why my job is so hard if this is the typical experience people get from independent dealers!

Your job of selling cars is easy, because you make them look so good. Take that 3 series that got dropped off with i was there... scabby as anything. Once youd done your thing it looked like a minter!  :notworthy:

That's all very well, but if people have had negative experience of independent dealers in the past then they may avoid them completely, and hence never see the beauties Nathan sells.

Offline JoeDarKa

• Thank You
  • -Given: 57
  • -Receive: 73
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:46 pm »
Im pretty sure iv heard bad things of junction 26 before, attempting to get top dollar for cars that need a fair bit of work!

GT Sport - Reflex Silver 2.0 TDI My Build

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:44:34 pm »
Ah yes. I've visited this place before myself. Looking at a "mint" mk4 r32.

Same story really. Salesmen with zero interest and a rusty car!!! :stupid:

Did he take you to the big house down the road too?

Offline Breamy1990

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Re: One to avoid if your looking to buy a car!
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
I am on the lookout for a r32 also, viewed and testdrove a beauty of one today ;D

This one also caught my eye over the last few days while ive been looking and it ticked all the box's

Thanks for the heads up :)

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »
I had a pretty good idea it wouldn't be first class as long as the service side of things went, but I'd hoped at least the car would be salvageable!  :mad:

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 802
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=igb9n5eem2nk0o9fsins00a309&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »
A few bits that need sorting on a car you can forgive.... sh*tty customer service has no place in this country at the moment. Anyone failing to deliver great CS deserves to end up in a mess  :happy2:

Offline paulk

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2012, 10:50:19 pm »
i went here to look ataover priced audi s3 , car was hanging and all the staff had been in the back smokin weed , nasty place

Offline Johnboy2110

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2015, 01:33:04 pm »
SORRY FOR DRAGGING A OLD THREAD UP BUT...

me and my brother went to look at a bmw 1 series at junction 26 cars in notts last saturday, we travelled 120 miles, we was told they had a few people viewing it that day so we would need to put a deposit down, which we did £100.

we got there and the car was a shed, the history was not existent, we was told it had had a new clutch and flywheel and the paperwork was all there to be looked at. bollocks, no receipts for nothing, just a logbook.

the last MOT had 3 advisories, leaking front shocker, 2 rear brake hoses corroded and 2 rear tyres near limit. we was told the shocker is fine and so are the brake hoses, 2 tyres had been replaced.

anyway after deciding to leave the car alone, we asked for the deposit back, was told the guy we needed was out until Monday, phoned Monday ''yes we will get it sorted today'' nothing.

Tuesday we was told the guy we needed was out, when we asked when he would be available '' I don't know I'm not his keeper'' fair enough.

so today I spoke to them, gave my bank details again and told it would be done straight away, still nothing by 12 o'clock.

so I phoned again and said if it was sorted I would take the drive back down to notts and pay me in cash instead of all the phone calls, to which he replied ''listen, I'm not your typical joe, don't ring me and threaten me(didn't threaten them with nothing), I'm not scared of you, if you want to come down I am here 9-6 everyday, bring who you want, I'm not your typical salesman' :signLOL:

what should I do guys?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2015, 01:50:51 pm »
Get at least 4 friends and drive there to make him a visit. You can stock your trunk with goodies as well (metal bars, baseball bats, etc.). Grab him and take him for a long walk. He needs to re-think the way he works with customers. :signLOL:

Offline rdfcpete

• Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2015, 03:45:03 pm »
Get at least 4 friends and drive there to make him a visit. You can stock your trunk with goodies as well (metal bars, baseball bats, etc.). Grab him and take him for a long walk. He needs to re-think the way he works with customers. :signLOL:

As enjoyable as that would be, probably won't get the £100 back. I agree though, they need a forced fire at their premises re-think by the sounds of it.

@Johnboy2110 If you're gonna threaten, threaten them with the right side of the law - assuming you've got a documented legitimate receipt for the invoice(?) record the phone calls, ring up citizens AB and tell him your experience will be reported to Trading Standards & your experience will be dotted around internet review sites as much as possible.

If they still don't care about that, then they're not one bit serious about what they do and tell them that, if they're still being the bully in the playground. They're obviously completely inexperienced in how to run a professional business judging by this thread. Epic Cowboys.

If you've got absolutely no proof of the deposit it's probably not worth taking any further as in today's world without anything evidential, you get nowhere and it'll cost you more than £100 to pursue.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Matthewsimone

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 39
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2015, 11:12:34 am »
SORRY FOR DRAGGING A OLD THREAD UP BUT...

me and my brother went to look at a bmw 1 series at junction 26 cars in notts last saturday, we travelled 120 miles, we was told they had a few people viewing it that day so we would need to put a deposit down, which we did £100.

we got there and the car was a shed, the history was not existent, we was told it had had a new clutch and flywheel and the paperwork was all there to be looked at. bollocks, no receipts for nothing, just a logbook.

the last MOT had 3 advisories, leaking front shocker, 2 rear brake hoses corroded and 2 rear tyres near limit. we was told the shocker is fine and so are the brake hoses, 2 tyres had been replaced.

anyway after deciding to leave the car alone, we asked for the deposit back, was told the guy we needed was out until Monday, phoned Monday ''yes we will get it sorted today'' nothing.

Tuesday we was told the guy we needed was out, when we asked when he would be available '' I don't know I'm not his keeper'' fair enough.

so today I spoke to them, gave my bank details again and told it would be done straight away, still nothing by 12 o'clock.

so I phoned again and said if it was sorted I would take the drive back down to notts and pay me in cash instead of all the phone calls, to which he replied ''listen, I'm not your typical joe, don't ring me and threaten me(didn't threaten them with nothing), I'm not scared of you, if you want to come down I am here 9-6 everyday, bring who you want, I'm not your typical salesman' :signLOL:

what should I do guys?

Any joy with this mate?

Just sent them a email basically telling them they are the talk of all car forums for appauling customer service towards you
And going to share it all accross facebook etc  :happy2:
Mk5 Golf....... The Real GTI Reborn