Make a donation

Author Topic: One to avoid if your looking to buy a car!  (Read 7475 times)

Offline Johnboy2110

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: One to avoid if your looking to buy a car!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2015, 12:08:29 pm »
SORRY FOR DRAGGING A OLD THREAD UP BUT...

me and my brother went to look at a bmw 1 series at junction 26 cars in notts last saturday, we travelled 120 miles, we was told they had a few people viewing it that day so we would need to put a deposit down, which we did £100.

we got there and the car was a shed, the history was not existent, we was told it had had a new clutch and flywheel and the paperwork was all there to be looked at. bollocks, no receipts for nothing, just a logbook.

the last MOT had 3 advisories, leaking front shocker, 2 rear brake hoses corroded and 2 rear tyres near limit. we was told the shocker is fine and so are the brake hoses, 2 tyres had been replaced.

anyway after deciding to leave the car alone, we asked for the deposit back, was told the guy we needed was out until Monday, phoned Monday ''yes we will get it sorted today'' nothing.

Tuesday we was told the guy we needed was out, when we asked when he would be available '' I don't know I'm not his keeper'' fair enough.

so today I spoke to them, gave my bank details again and told it would be done straight away, still nothing by 12 o'clock.

so I phoned again and said if it was sorted I would take the drive back down to notts and pay me in cash instead of all the phone calls, to which he replied ''listen, I'm not your typical joe, don't ring me and threaten me(didn't threaten them with nothing), I'm not scared of you, if you want to come down I am here 9-6 everyday, bring who you want, I'm not your typical salesman' :signLOL:

what should I do guys?

Any joy with this mate?

Just sent them a email basically telling them they are the talk of all car forums for appauling customer service towards you
And going to share it all accross facebook etc  :happy2:

Yes, after pleading with a different guy on the phone last night, i finally got the deposit back. I've been reading all the reviews about junction 26, and came across another guy who had paid £100 deposit and not got it back after he decided the car was crap. I cant belive the way i was spoke to on the phone. They need reporting to trading standards. And thankyou for the email, the more people hear about them the better.

Offline rdfcpete

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 98
  • -Receive: 52
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2015, 01:05:27 pm »
...They need reporting to trading standards. ...

Surely you (or someone in your position) need to do this?

You've dealt with them, have information about them following your experience and have had a poor experience.
If people like yourself who've nearly been ripped off (I'm guessing others have come away with a much bigger financial deficit) don't report them, then a cast iron case with proof that they're mugs will never catch up with them and they'll carry on without any real reprisals...

Up to you though.
Pete

RNS-E LED 2012 | Aux-In | AP Coilovers |  Hawk HPS Pads | Revo Stage 1+
Previous: OEM+ 2006 MK5 Golf GTI 2.0T FSI Steel Grey 3 Door

Offline Johnboy2110

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2015, 02:03:52 pm »
...They need reporting to trading standards. ...

Surely you (or someone in your position) need to do this?

You've dealt with them, have information about them following your experience and have had a poor experience.
If people like yourself who've nearly been ripped off (I'm guessing others have come away with a much bigger financial deficit) don't report them, then a cast iron case with proof that they're mugs will never catch up with them and they'll carry on without any real reprisals...

Up to you though.

The only issue i had was late payment, at times it seemed i wouldn't get my money back, but i have got it now. I dont think i have a strong enough case.