Make a donation

Author Topic: Is it me...  (Read 4566 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Is it me...
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2012, 08:32:29 pm »

Robin, did you read the post he created specifically to lay into you?

....Oh really? There has been more than one other member over the years who has started a thread specifically to lay into me! I usually either bring it to the attention of the Moderators or PM to find out if the problem can be peacefully resolved - Which route I take usually depends on the tone. IIRC, I PM'd ',,,,Scott,,,,' after he started such a thread.

There's a difference between just being angry in the moment and a festering long term hatred which just consumes the hater like a cancer. Scott had moments of anger.

One of the greatest mental freedoms is truly not caring what anyone else thinks of you - It's their problem, not yours.  :happy2:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:37:34 pm by RedRobin »

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline damoegan

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 33
    • Email
Re: Is it me...
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2012, 09:27:52 pm »
EDIT: Even after all that re reading, I'm still modifying this post due to bad spelling!
You may notice my posts are always edited for the same reasons as yours.

I too was not diagnosed at school and had extra lessons with the remedial group and after school. Amazed no one wondered why I was in the top few of the school for maths and sciences, but bottom in English.
It was only when I went to collage was I diagnosed.

Robin,
I'm also the technical author at work so it helps. As does the phone and mobile spell checkers.

I was in a very similar position as school myself, Geoff..

Put in the bottom class in school as they thoght I was "thick" as I struggled to read and spell as well as the rest of the school. Eventually I was diagnosed with dyslexia.

Worked my way up to the middle class by the time I left school, but was still called for being thick...

Went straight to college to study electrical engineering then did a apprenticeship in mechanical engineering. Now work for the market leaders in our sector   :smiley:

Hard work pays off  :happy2: