Make a donation

Author Topic: Pls be on the look out for my stolen stereo  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Drapoon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
Pls be on the look out for my stolen stereo
« on: March 22, 2013, 02:03:10 pm »
Well two weeks ago I had my Kenwood DNX7200 stolen out of my car right outside my house (in East Northants).
No other damage to the car and they did a very professional job by the looks of things....
Police reckon the thieves used a signal jammer so my car door did not lock when I thought I had locked it!
Either that or I left my car unlocked which I doubt.
Anyhow If anybody see's said unit for sale please let me know I would not mind having it back!  

It's a touch screen unit, has built in satnav and ipod connection running into the glovebox, they even found the remote control in my armrest and swiped that. They can keep the copied "Best of the Smiths" album that was in the unit at the time of theft as I can source another copy cheap :smiley:

« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:41:59 pm by Drapoon »

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Pls be on the look out for my stolen stereo
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 03:26:28 pm »
really sorry to hear that.
what did the police actually do?
will your insurance cover it?
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline Drapoon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:41:26 pm »
Police had forensics over to have a look. It had rained overnight so they could not dust down outside and they said dash texture is too rough to get fingerprints from anyhow. Tey did check for blood as apparently theives commonly nick themselves on sharp objects ripping the h/unit out.
I always keep my interior spotless and matts get a brush down every trip(car hoovered once a week all a bit OCD!) and there were no marks left at all like nobody ever even sat in the passenger seat! there were marks where they had disturbed dirt near the door handle when getting in but that was it.
I was worried they would damage my limited edition golfball gear knob (easy place to rest the unit as I recall when putting it in) but it still spotless...
Police took a statement and rang the next day to ask for a serial number which I had.
I had the headunit about 3 years which I bought from this forum and have had my GTi 5 years - never had any trouble before just not very nice especially right outside your front door whilst I was sleeping ;-(  
It was an aftermarket stereo and I did not declare it (however I have declared other mods such as Kw coilovers) - lesson learnt
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:43:51 pm by Drapoon »

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 05:40:02 pm »
It was an aftermarket stereo and I did not declare it (however I have declared other mods such as Kw coilovers) - lesson learnt

Speak to your insurance company. Most cover audio up to a certain value, and if you have a serial and proof of purchase might still cover it.

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:58 am »
nice to hear the police put the effort in.
admiral state the audio cover seperately.
i got a 2012 rcd510 off turbo-herbie on ebay for £220 delivered, sounds much more detailed than rcd310 car came with.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline dmac1969

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 21
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »
This is one of the reasons I dont really want an aftermarket unit in , it seems that theives target them more than the stock VW stuff.
2005 Golf GTI 3 Door - Tornado Red. (2010 - 2012)

2008 Golf GTI 3 Door - Candy White , 18" Monza II's , Leather , Armrest , Rear Park sensors. (current car)

Offline camfollower

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 31
  • Cam follower awareness.
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 06:48:49 pm »
Sorry to hear that mate.
What's the serial number, perhaps keep checking this, periodically.