Make a donation

Author Topic: Cleaning Edition 30 seats  (Read 2403 times)

Offline Gaz_Vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
Cleaning Edition 30 seats
« on: January 02, 2013, 08:44:30 pm »
My front seats are looking a little grubby, what is the best thing to use to clean them? Ive got a wetvac but i'm not to sure about using it on heated seats. What do you all do? Cheers

Offline Frodo-anni

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
Re: Cleaning Edition 30 seats
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 09:42:02 pm »
Im glad this has been asked, i just hoover the interior every other week, so my cloth looks fine. Its the side bolsters that have developed a shine. I have tried using AG leather cleaner, but unsure who to apply correctly. Some posts i have read have stated not to rub hard  :signLOL:
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20:57 pm »
Im glad this has been asked, i just hoover the interior every other week, so my cloth looks fine. Its the side bolsters that have developed a shine. I have tried using AG leather cleaner, but unsure who to apply correctly. Some posts i have read have stated not to rub hard  :signLOL:

Ive been doing research on this over on detailing world. For the leather sections, the use of DR Leather wipes seems to be the weapon of choice followed by an application of GTechniq L1 Leather Guard.

Dr Leather wipes http://www.detailedclean.co.uk/interior/leather-care/dr-leather-leather-wipes-sample-466

Gtechniq L1 http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/l1-leather-guard-100ml.aspx

Im not 100% sure on what to use for the cloth sections - im hoping someone can come along with a suggestion...

Thanks

Rich

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:23:34 pm »
But the leather is coated in plastic, so surely any dressing/feed would just sit on top?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Frodo-anni

• Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 45
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 10:24:42 pm »
Jay mr Miglior has mentioned the same that its plastic and just a clean is all that is needed.
mk4 Anniversary pd No0341 - Sold
mk5 GTI Edition 30 DSG No0391

Offline richtung

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 56
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »
But the leather is coated in plastic, so surely any dressing/feed would just sit on top?

As i understand it, the L1 is not a feed/milk/conditioner but provides protection to the surface of the "leather"...

Rich

Offline onthegetsnowt

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »
I use Zymol leather cleaner on the leather bits (mainly because it smells nice), although just a damp cloth or furniture polish will do, at the very least.

Zymol Fabrique dry fabric cleaner has brought my cloth parts up like new though to be honest regular hoovering really helps prevent the pagger!!  :happy2:

GTI Edition 30- Black- Standard Car

Offline Gaz_Vrs

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »
Mine have seat covers on 99% of the time due to me being dirty after work. So the seats never actually get dusty. The dirt is all from the previous owner. I would shampoo them if i knew it was safe to do so  :scared:

Offline onthegetsnowt

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 01:04:35 pm »
I dont think you would do any major harm shampooing them so long as you were not trigger happy soaking them to the bone!

Use a machine if you can.

Generally I thing the ED30 seat is really hard wearing and comes up lovely when cleaned.

Good luck... let us know what you decide.
GTI Edition 30- Black- Standard Car