Make a donation

Author Topic: Lowering on a budget...  (Read 8070 times)

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: Lowering on a budget...
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2013, 09:20:55 am »

Or keep the money in the bank, and save another 300 and then go for a Bilstein B12 Sportline kit which includes Bilstein dampers and Eibach springs.

this is what i'd do

X3  :happy2:
X4  :drinking: sweet talk Graeme @ GNJ motorsprt on here

You make me sound easy  :signLOL:

My opinion on suspension is....

If you want a nice ride with a drop suitable for everyday driving with a big improvement in handling and are not massively fussy about the ride height then get a full fixed height suspension set up (Bilstein B12, H&R Cup, Weitec)

If you want to lower the car but not spend a great deal of cash in the process then get a spring kit (Eibach Sportline, H&R, Weitec, AP)

If you want to lower the car a lot then get some mid range coilovers (V Maxx, FK)

If you are fussy about a gap in the arch, want a decent ride for everyday and drive in a more spirited fashion more often then get a good coilover kit (AP, KW V1 Inox, Weitec Hicon GT, Bilstein B14, H&R Monotube)

If you are all the above and do the odd trackday then get a coilover kit with adjustable damping (KW V2 Inox Line, Weitec Hicon TX)

If you are a full on petrol head who spends many a weekend chucking your GTI round a track and going on driving weekends to deserted stretches of road then get a top end coilover kit (Bilstein B16, KW V3 Inox Line, KW Clubsport)

Not everyone will agree with me but the world would be a boring place if we all thought the same. I never advise people they need the latter unless I think it is necessary.

I think that covers almost every angle :)    :happy2:

Think I am going to opt for the springs and work towards a B12... my next question is how low will this be on a GT sport with 18's? anyone running this set up able to post a pic at all? :)

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2013, 03:10:18 pm »
If you get the sportline it will sit the same as my GTI does on 18's.

Excuse the crap pics

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram

Offline Veee-dubber

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »
Cheers chap, is it a nice ride?  Don't want it to look like im sat on a scaffolding plank bouncing around in the cock pit lol :)

Offline GNJ_Motorsport

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 20
    • GNJ Motorsport
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2013, 06:28:50 pm »
Cheers chap, is it a nice ride?  Don't want it to look like im sat on a scaffolding plank bouncing around in the cock pit lol :)

Yes it is, it had the sportlines on when I bought it but the ride feels OEM to me. That is just on springs.

0% Interest Free Finance Available On All Parts NOW
www.gnjmotorsport.com
info@gnjmotorsport.com  -  01254 883345
Facebook  -  Instagram