Make a donation

Author Topic: R-Tech RR day - Sat 29th December 2012  (Read 15126 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: R-Tech RR day - Sat 29th December 2012
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30:20 am »
Your welcome  :wink: ...Prob sounds like an excuse but when my car was running on the DYNO, my tank still had 95ron left over from my last fill (only 95 at the time zzz)...Pretty sure she could of squeezed a bit more! (Maybe next time!) Took Nick's advice and fitted REV G Diverter Valve which I had spare in the Garage  :grin:

Hey Hurdy, Check your E-Mail, I sent you some data from my Car, from my previous dyno run (had a bit more power compared to R-Tech but it does include Data from VCDS) also the actuator has not been tweaked as far as I am aware.

Regards

Cheers, :happy2:

Just looking over the files now. My e-mail is only receiving data and I cannot send at the moment, so thanks for the files :happy2:

No, that's okay. I was wanting to compare boost and MAF readings as they are the normal yardsticks for power and torque.

I'm beginning to understand why my car may not have achieved the figures I thought they should have. My MAF readings are higher than yours and by higher I mean over 50g/s higher and my boost is similar to yours, however when I looked at my torque request (ie limiter on the DSG box ) it is sat at 497nm (365lbft), which means the engine will limit the torque at this figure and as a result limit the power.

As a rule of thumb every 10g/s calculates out fairly accurately at 12.345bhp. The only substantial variable on this calculation are how lean the cars run and both our cars are running similar actual lambda figures.

I guess further investigations are in order at my end to see if the torque limiter can be upped more.
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2013, 12:07:02 pm »
What about timing advance?

Also with MAF readings I know the Shark maps made much less MAF readings than REVO on identical cars with less boost but made the same power.  Some tuners hike up the boost. Others don't.

APR said a while back that in their racing work in the US they are limited with boost so spent alot of extra effort working on extracting power via other routes rather than the usual boost hikes.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:08:53 pm by Janner_Sy »

Offline gazon69

• Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 34
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2013, 04:53:31 pm »
Your welcome  :wink: ...Prob sounds like an excuse but when my car was running on the DYNO, my tank still had 95ron left over from my last fill (only 95 at the time zzz)...Pretty sure she could of squeezed a bit more! (Maybe next time!) Took Nick's advice and fitted REV G Diverter Valve which I had spare in the Garage  :grin:

Hey Hurdy, Check your E-Mail, I sent you some data from my Car, from my previous dyno run (had a bit more power compared to R-Tech but it does include Data from VCDS) also the actuator has not been tweaked as far as I am aware.

Regards

Cheers, :happy2:

Just looking over the files now. My e-mail is only receiving data and I cannot send at the moment, so thanks for the files :happy2:

No, that's okay. I was wanting to compare boost and MAF readings as they are the normal yardsticks for power and torque.

I'm beginning to understand why my car may not have achieved the figures I thought they should have. My MAF readings are higher than yours and by higher I mean over 50g/s higher and my boost is similar to yours, however when I looked at my torque request (ie limiter on the DSG box ) it is sat at 497nm (365lbft), which means the engine will limit the torque at this figure and as a result limit the power.

As a rule of thumb every 10g/s calculates out fairly accurately at 12.345bhp. The only substantial variable on this calculation are how lean the cars run and both our cars are running similar actual lambda figures.

I guess further investigations are in order at my end to see if the torque limiter can be upped more.
I wouldn't be too disheartened John. Pub talk bull sh*t dynos imo. You know what your car goes like.  Is it possible for a car at 345hp to run a quarter time of 12.8 and from what im hearing that has come down too. 

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=a7k4a13gfefj6qpvbp2vcsb5ki&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2013, 04:57:31 pm »
Jon... i shouldnt worry either... its not like its at the end of its tuning road is it!!  :grin:

Start getting worried when it does a 13 second 1/4 mile!

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2013, 05:42:04 pm »
I wouldn't be too disheartened John. Pub talk bull sh*t dynos imo. You know what your car goes like.  Is it possible for a car at 345hp to run a quarter time of 12.8 and from what im hearing that has come down too.  

I'm not worried Gaz  :happy2:
Although I do like to explore every avenue :wink:
The R did a 12.61  :jumpmove: last time out at the Pod and that was with 355bhp/320lbft at Statllers. Last time at Statllers it did 379bhp/360lbft, so like for like the car now has more bhp and torque plus all the handling mods to help put the power down more consistently.
It won't matter soon as the car will have the GIAC Extreme race map plus WMI :evilgrin: Golf R's with the same maps are currently running in the 11's :innocent:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:30:40 pm by Hurdy »
Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2013, 05:42:57 pm »
Jon... i shouldnt worry either... its not like its at the end of its tuning road is it!!  :grin:

Start getting worried when it does a 13 second 1/4 mile!

:scared: Don't say that!  :scared:

:signLOL:
Golf R gone.

Offline Hulmie

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2013, 01:11:23 pm »
Been speaking with Nick about a mk5Golfgti.co.uk rolling road day at R-Tech and what he has said is a TFSI shoot out on the R-Tech Dyno and then other cars like TDi's can run next door on the DynoDaze dyno along with cars to low to get on the r-tech rollers. Maybe around April time.

Let me know if you guys are interested and can look at organising it. Will be £30 for 3 power runs (2 normal shoot out runs and one full load run against the eddy brake and load cell all with AFR)

Could maybe invite some other clubs down like R32oc, R-Tech terrorist squad for a meet.

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2013, 01:17:42 pm »
I'd be tempted with this only trouble is its roughly a 250mile round trip for me

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2013, 01:26:10 pm »
I'd be tempted with this only trouble is its roughly a 250mile round trip for me

Its a 420 mile round trip to JKM for me  :grin:

Go for it Nathan, you could get a remap while your up there though to make it worthwhile  :wink:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr

Offline Nodz

• Thank You
  • -Given: 73
  • -Receive: 103
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,29264.0.html
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2013, 01:30:27 pm »

Its a 420 mile round trip to JKM for me  :grin:

Go for it Nathan, you could get a remap while your up there though to make it worthwhile  :wink:

very true but then I'll probably need to get a new clutch at the same time :signLOL:

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:47 pm »
Place next door to R-Tech would fit you a clutch for £150 cash  :wink:
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr