Make a donation

Author Topic: My GTI :)  (Read 2740 times)

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
My GTI :)
« on: December 26, 2012, 11:10:02 pm »
Well i thought i might aswell post this up in the right section as i plan to take more photos tomorrow so i thought ill post the before pics now ;)

this is how i bought her

its a 55 plate gti with dsg.... i bought it becasue it was one of the straightest cars me and my dad have seen in a while (hes been a panel beater for 35 years) and i have alwaysed loved golfs...

i have a mk3 seat ibiza cupra before i have tuned it to 220 bhp and went like a rocket so and when i got in this is was so dissapointed i dint know weather it was because it was a better made car? the 94 airbags it has i just didnt know so i took it to awesome and had it mapped to stage 1 with apr and really couldnt not tell a differance i was heart broken :(

i booked it in for diagnostics and we found the culprit! a blown diaphram in the dumpvalve so i blew £200 on a cheeky lil forge number and was also taught how to use lauch control which i didnt know i had so it was a fun day going from around 200bhp to 250 :) she now goes like the clappers :)

another addition to the car (which you will see tomorow is iv had her lowered (a lot) so now looks the muttz nuts to me :) also becasue i dont have 25 posts yet i cant sell my old gti suspension on here so i will have to wait but thats going to fund my cnc habit here http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,57416.0.html

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
    • Email
Re: Re: My GTI :)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 07:54:47 am »
Best colour mines an 09 dsg so picked up on the launch control bit in your post? Is that an option or do all dsg cars have it?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Hedge

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
Re: My GTI :)
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 08:09:06 am »
Launch control is a feature of the gearbox. It's even shown how to do in the owners manual. :happy2:

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 08:13:26 am »
Lol I think I best read it one day??? I've obly had mine a short while! :D

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 08:15:21 am »
Would love some lessons in using a DSG to its full potential! At the mo all I do is use it to drop down for overtaking in M and then back up ???

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 08:18:08 am »
Just use it how you feel best. My commute is real boring so I just leave it in D but when I want to drive it I stick it in M.

Don't use S it's a waste of time but at the end of the day drive it how you feel best.  :happy2:

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: My GTI :)
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 08:40:53 am »
Just use it how you feel best. My commute is real boring so I just leave it in D but when I want to drive it I stick it in M.

Don't use S it's a waste of time but at the end of the day drive it how you feel best.  :happy2:

Its kinda what I tend to do I am intrigued with the launch control bit? I know its in the manual but how do you use it? ???

Offline keano

• Thank You
  • -Given: 79
  • -Receive: 35
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 09:37:31 am »
Looking forward to seeing the low pics mate! :pomppomp:

What is it currently lowered on?

Offline chrisr763

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 62
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 12:42:05 pm »
Loving that second photograph. Car looks so aggressive  :ashamed:

Glad your happy with the car now and running a nice 250 Bhp  :wink:

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 11:33:32 am »
heres my ics from yesterday, weather was crap and the car is filthy im ashamed to say! i wanted to catch som duck shots with some long exposures using a next doors garden light but i was dragged to the pub instead ;) haha so just to show you guys how low she is...

as for the dsg i wanted to get mine remapped to get the benefit from dsg then awesome told me it comes as standard with all gti's all you do is put it in s-mode turn off esp put your foot on the brake then floor it... it will rev to 3k then you left off the brake.. there is like half a second pause then all hell brakes loose!! :driver:

as for driving with the dsg... i very it a lot... most d for just driving round but s mode if i want to be a bit nippy as im sure it allows more torque, faster gear shifts and higher rev limit i cant really tell as my dump valve was broke when i bought it but now s- mode is just too much fun especially after watching the f1 on a sunday morning then going out feeling like vettle with my paddles haha

there she is, sorry about crappy pics :(

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 11:37:55 am »
sorry forgot to mention what its lowered on... i went cheap on the jom coil overs from awesome and got a full service at the same time instead of fk coil overs and tbh im more than happy with them.... had to take the screw our of the inside of the arch liner and bend that back but the tyres still touch some times when driving hard round corners so possibly need raising a bit  :sad1: espicially when i go to the ring next year...  :P

Offline Kinks

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 06:54:39 pm »
Stunning :-) best colour too! Awesome good then?

Offline chudds

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 08:36:24 pm »
why thank you :)

yeah awesome are pretty damn good customer service wise.... iv spent a small fortune with them the past few years its a relationship i wish to continue ;) haha

Offline jmccullough160

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2013, 01:50:10 am »
Smashing mate hard to beat Tornado Red just like mine :wink:
Looks great on the R32's!!

Offline SheffGTi

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You